Proposal: Carolina and Toronto

Eric Robson

Jan 5, 2018
To Carolina Brown, Timashov, Rosen, Pickard and 2019 1st round pick

To Toronto Faulk, Mckegg and 2019 6th round pick

Carolina gets fantastic two way goal scorer in Brown to help wings, good left wing prospect in Timashov, depth defense in Rosen, possible back up goalie if Darling or Mrazek fault and a low first round draft pick.

Toronto gets the missing defense piece they need to make them a legit Stanley Cup contender, as well as a depth center back to even out some contracts.

Who says yes and who says no?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
both teams decline. carolina wants a high end guy for faulk and the leafs are giving up quite a bit of pieces, one of which include a 1st round pick

member 157595

I have no idea from Carolina's side but just because Faulk is a RHD that doesn't mean he's a perfect fit on our roster. We need more of a stopper and Faulk is more of a puck-mover.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I'd do it, but I feel like a lot of contracts are going to Carolina that don't really need to.

Simplize it to Brown + Pickard/Sparks + 1st for Faulk

Reactions: MinJaBen

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I feel like Brown+1st is overpayment but besides that, we'd need Pesce from Carolina if anything. We have puck movers already...and they aren't dealing Hamilton. Pesce is the ideal grab but I don't know what type of deal even makes sense there.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I feel like Brown+1st is overpayment but besides that, we'd need Pesce from Carolina if anything. We have puck movers already...and they aren't dealing Hamilton. Pesce is the ideal grab but I don't know what type of deal even makes sense there.

I disagree it's an overpayment, but no sense debating it.

Pesce would cost the Leafs more than they'd want to give up.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario

Leafs won’t want to pay the price it would cost to acquire Pesce.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

No even point of mentioning him when the obvious ones are going to be off the table.

Carolina should focus on quality.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I disagree it's an overpayment, but no sense debating it.

Pesce would cost the Leafs more than they'd want to give up.

Leafs won’t want to pay the price it would cost to acquire Pesce.

No even point of mentioning him when the obvious ones are going to be off the table.

Carolina should focus on quality.

Imagine the ask is Nylander which is too high.

Also then imagine that Kapanen+1st+other assets (Sparks+Carrick or something) is considered not enough.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

Also then imagine that Kapanen+1st+other assets (Sparks+Carrick or something) is considered not enough.

Yeah a couple spare parts for a U25 top-4 RHD signed for 6 years x $4 million isn’t cutting it.

Personally I don’t move Pesce for Nylander. Huge piece to give up while not solving a roster hole.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to trade Pesce to Toronto in a 3 or 4-for-1. It would have to be a hockey trade. If the Leafs don't think he's worth Kadri or Nylander, they can pound sand.

Preferably, Faulk would also go in a hockey trade only; Hamilton, Ferland, and de Haan aren't win tomorrow assets. However, given the mix of teams potentially involved, I'm not sure that will be available. I can foresee a scenario in which he could be had for the futures package the Leafs want to trade for a defenseman, unfortunately.

Last edited:

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Yeah a couple spare parts for a U25 top-4 RHD signed for 6 years x $4 million isn’t cutting it.

Personally I don’t move Pesce for Nylander. Huge piece to give up while not solving a roster hole.

I think Kappy is probably underrated on HF, he's primed for a big year playing with Johnsson and Kadri on the "3rd line" but I get the scepticism. 1st is pretty much mandatory. I figured Sparks might have some value to you guys.

Not sure what else to really put in the deal. I want Pesce but we probably don't make great trade partners either.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Also then imagine that Kapanen+1st+other assets (Sparks+Carrick or something) is considered not enough

Finally Carolina has 2 potential franchise forwards to build around the offense and maybe the deepest blueline from 1-8.
Pesce is going to play a big part in their future success and that package isn't anywhere near enoughto mess with that potential.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I think Kappy is probably underrated on HF, he's primed for a big year playing with Johnsson and Kadri on the "3rd line" but I get the scepticism. 1st is pretty much mandatory. I figured Sparks might have some value to you guys.

Not sure what else to really put in the deal. I want Pesce but we probably don't make great trade partners either.

I think Kapanen is most definitely not underrated on HF :laugh:

In fact, I know he’s not.

staalgood

Jan 13, 2014
Raleigh, NC

I still don't get why it's rumored that Carolina wants Kapanen so bad. Carolina was their top 2 RWs set for the near future in Svech & TT. Williams is a solid 3rd line RW next season and McGinn probably fills that role long term.

Its like Toronto is trying to convince us we need KK, so they don't have to give up something of real value to the Canes.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I still don't get why it's rumored that Carolina wants Kapanen so bad. Carolina was their top 2 RWs set for the near future in Svech & TT. Williams is a solid 3rd line RW next season and McGinn probably fills that role long term.

Its like Toronto is trying to convince us we need KK, so they don't have to give up something of real value to the Canes.

Is it even a real rumour?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad