GDT: carnyi

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Darling was really bad tonight. If you disagree, you are wrong. Pretty simple.

No doubt he was bad. But the team didn't do him any favors, as usual. A straight up breakaway and an odd man rush in a span of what, 3 minutes?

No doubt a better goalie could've stopped those chances, but we don't have a better goalie. We've got to figure out ways to do a better job with what we've got, and yelling about making a ****ing save in a press conference probably isn't going to accomplish much towards that end.

Clearly this team has less than ideal goaltending. Clearly this team also has a major issue in allowing high danger scoring chances. That is not a recipe for good things to happen.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
this feels weird to type, but Slavin has looked underwhelming a few times in the last few games.

Slavin has looked slow for a week. Pesce has had to bail him out a few times on top of the high Goals Against. Slavin's ice time has also decreased significantly for 3 games in a row now. He usually logs 24+ minutes but the past 3 games have been 21:43 (CHI), 21:18 (DAL), and 21:36 (NYI).

This change has somewhat coincided with Peters replacing Hanifin with Slavin on the PP. Maybe Peters is pushing him to be more offensive. Maybe he has a bit of the Kruger Flu. Maybe it's a nagging injury. Something seems off.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
Actually, I can judge saves however I want to judge saves. If you're trusted to stay in after ****ting the bed on the 3rd goal, you need to make makeable saves. And that was a makeable save. **** off with your "emotion". I don't really care one way or the other about Darling or Ward. I want one of them to do well, but I have no horse. I call it like I see it. This is one game, and Darling has otherwise been average this year.

2 of the last 3 of you are really making me remember why I stopped posting here.

Welcome back! I too have come back and post here.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
I'm actually more liberal with my ignore list these days. Sometimes people need timeouts. You seem to be one of them. I don't recall you in general, but you don't seem to have added anything I've noticed lately, so

word-is-zuccotti-will-be-closed-around-christmas-so-occupy-wall-street-decided-theres-only-one-thing-to-do.jpg

"That was pleasant. Nice of him to stop by."

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
this feels weird to type, but Slavin has looked underwhelming a few times in the last few games.
I agree with you. He`s been off lately. After very strong start he has cooled down lately. I understand that it`s very hard to play against best players every game, but some of his mistakes have been very underwhelming. Some of his decisions haven`t been that good.

We have high exceptions for him, and when he is not at his best, it`s very noticeable.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
No doubt he was bad. But the team didn't do him any favors, as usual. A straight up breakaway and an odd man rush in a span of what, 3 minutes?

No doubt a better goalie could've stopped those chances, but we don't have a better goalie. We've got to figure out ways to do a better job with what we've got, and yelling about making a ****ing save in a press conference probably isn't going to accomplish much towards that end.

Clearly this team has less than ideal goaltending. Clearly this team also has a major issue in allowing high danger scoring chances. That is not a recipe for good things to happen.

It’s not the high danger chances I’m worried about with the goaltending. It’s medium and low danger shots that find their way in. The two last night were technically low danger but I’d admit the Boychuk one should be a medium danger chance.

I think they are just doing a poor job easing him into the starter role. He’s going to hit his career high games played in December at this rate. I get that they have no choice but to ride him out as the undisputed #1 to get him ready to be that 60+ start guy throughout his contract, but the growing pains could cost them a playoff spot this year. And that sucks.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Actually, I can judge saves however I want to judge saves. If you're trusted to stay in after ****ting the bed on the 3rd goal, you need to make makeable saves. And that was a makeable save. **** off with your "emotion". I don't really care one way or the other about Darling or Ward. I want one of them to do well, but I have no horse. I call it like I see it. This is one game, and Darling has otherwise been average this year.

2 of the last 3 of you are really making me remember why I stopped posting here.

Hey there big guy... sun’s getting real low...
rs-194725-R1234_FEA_HULK_A.jpg

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I'm fairly certain their criteria is just distance from the net, but I could be wrong.

I don't know specifically how they do it, but most places make it a function of distance and location. Meaning a shot from 10 feet between the dots is a higher danger shot than one from 10 feet but from the the side of the net.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I don't know specifically how they do it, but most places make it a function of distance and location. Meaning a shot from 10 feet between the dots is a higher danger shot than one from 10 feet but from the the side of the net.

Yeah, there's definitely some nuance to it, but I don't think they take into account screened/unscreened or who's taking the shot from the point or anything like that. A slapshot from a Boychuk is still IMO a save that should be made, but it's not counted differently than a wristshot from the same location by a Nick Leddy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad