GDT: carnas6

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Thing is, I have absolutely no idea how to handicap the East. Like, historically either Boston or NYI should be a bear, but I could just never get a read on that division this year. Nobody really stood out.

Vegas or Colorado is going to be an animal for whoever faces them. Glad we can't possibly see them until the Finals no matter what

It’s so hard to know how any team will play against an out of division opponent. I think it’s been well established that the North has been easily the weakest competition but once you get down to final 4 anything can happen.

We know that Boston has what it takes to win in the playoffs and they handed us our lunch the last 2 years. The New York Trotz’s are always a tough out.

One step at a time but let’s get past Tampa and see what we’re dealing with after that.

Reactions: AD Skinner

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
A lot of hugs for Haula in the handshake line.
I'm somewhat surprised to only see your mention of this, as much as this topic was labored upon. If Haula is disliked by current CAR players, or if he dislikes CAR or their players, that handshake line hid it well.

In fact, the whole of the handshake line was one of the better ones I've watched. This is one of the reasons we love watching the NHL, so I appreciate both teams for rewarding us by showing sincere appreciation of each other. Good on all of them.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
The Canes have absolutely no chill on Twitter right now

upload_2021-5-28_9-39-31.jpeg

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Didn't Game 6 of the 2006 Montreal series end pretty quickly in OT as well? Doesn't really mean anything but I like the symmetry.
79 seconds into OT. Mr Stillman

Souray and Reechi scored 30 seconds apart in the first half of the first.

Then we had to wait 54 hockey minutes to get another goal

Last edited:

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Such a crazy series. The four straight OTs. Only scoring first in one game. I think we ended up erasing a deficit 9 different times. That was a lot of fun. I know we keep getting a lot of the "such and such needs to show up or up their game" but we aren't really having to rely on any one guy. A guy like Nino was somewhat invisible at times, but he also scored a GWG. Dougie was hot garbage that one game but was f***ing huge tonight. Of course, we need our big guys to be the big guys more often than not, but it's also huge to get big contributions from a McGinn, or a Jordo, or a Marty with some crucial hits.

Ned was interesting in the series. I think he was close to putting up an all-time series. But I think he wasn't as good as he's shown he can be. He had a couple of games where the stickhandling was an issue and it bit us last night. He also couldn't hold onto the puck a couple of times this series and cost us some goals. He also got beaten with individual effort goals a few more times than we were accustomed to after his first few games this year. But even with some stuff to clean up, he made some flat-out amazing saves at times. I was on the keep starting him train the entire series and I'm glad they did. If he cleans up some of the mental mistakes then we have a very good chance against Tampa. He played well against them this year.

The level of resiliency on this team is definitely reminiscent of the 05-06 team. Who knows if we'll accomplish the same, but they are in pretty much every game even if it looks like they aren't. And they're really just a likable group of guys to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad