GDT: carnas6

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Here’s how it works in these parts.

HOME TEAM USUALLY OCCUPIES SIDES AND THE PLACE BEHIND AWAY TEAM’S GOAL (IN ODD PERIODS).

SPACE BEHIND THE NET IS CALLED “POT” (AS IN MELTING POT, NO WEED JOKES INTENDED)

Pot has both stands and seats. Stands are occupied by folks with drums and shiet and (usually) hardcore fans who are the chanting center. So yeah, stuff being organised? STANDARD PROTOCOL.

I thoroughly enjoyed the games I attended in Brno, and from this description I was definitely in The Pot. I particularly enjoyed watching fans throw beers in various states of fullness down into the empty area behind the goal.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed the games I attended in Brno, and from this description I was definitely in The Pot. I particularly enjoyed watching fans throw beers in various states of fullness down into the empty area behind the goal.
BRNO IS KNOWN TO BE QUITE PASSIONATE.

ALL GOOD AS LONG AS THE AREA IS EMPTY.

WHEN I WAS YOUNGER I MOSTLY ATTENDED IN THE STANDS, LATER I WAS SEASON TICKET HOLDER IN THE SEATS DOWN BELOW.

LET’S JUST SAY THAT IF PEOPLE WHIFF THE THROW YOU HAVE A WEE BIT OF AN URGE TO BUY A BEER JUST TO CHUG IT BACK IN THEIR FACE.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
BRNO IS KNOWN TO BE QUITE PASSIONATE.

ALL GOOD AS LONG AS THE AREA IS EMPTY.

WHEN I WAS YOUNGER I MOSTLY ATTENDED IN THE STANDS, LATER I WAS SEASON TICKET HOLDER IN THE SEATS DOWN BELOW.

LET’S JUST SAY THAT IF PEOPLE WHIFF THE THROW YOU HAVE A WEE BIT OF AN URGE TO BUY A BEER JUST TO CHUG IT BACK IN THEIR FACE.
Is stadium beer cheap? I curse myself if I spill a portion of a beer at a game needless to say wanting to chuck a 9-12 dollar beer at someone.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Is stadium beer cheap? I curse myself if I spill a portion of a beer at a game needless to say wanting to chuck a 9-12 dollar beer at someone.
I wouldn’t call it cheap, because while it’s a decent brand, it’s overpriced by CZE standards in a DAMN PLASTIC CUP AND IT’S JUST 10° which is about 4%. I’d still smuggle our own booze if we were a bigger group.

That being said, it’s just bit less than two bucks from your perspective and while we aren’t exactly Switzerland, we aren’t poor either.

Beer is just super cheap by Western standards. Both decent large brands and small breweries.

Biggest beer consumption per capita in a country since they bothered with that stat.

@Navin R Slavin

Hank can probably add his perspective.

Last edited:

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I wouldn’t call it cheap, because while it’s a decent brand, it’s overpriced by CZE standards in a DAMN PLASTIC CUP AND IT’S JUST 10° which is about 4%. I’d still smuggle our own booze if we were a bigger group.

That being said, it’s just bit less than two bucks from your perspective and while we aren’t exactly Switzerland, we aren’t poor either.

Beer is just super cheap by Western standards. Both decent large brands and small breweries.

Biggest beer consumption per capita in a country since they bothered with that stat.

@Navin R Slavin

Hank can probably add his perspective.

Good cheap pilsner was one of my favorite things about my time in Brno. That and the pig knee.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad