Online Series: Carmen Sandiego

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Not the same without Rockapella.
Those guys still go around doing shows singing that song and probably get booked on the back of that songs fame. It was a great composition that couldn’t fit the essence of the show any better and they are talented.

Lol. Rockapella.

Reactions: Hot Pockets

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
I like that the trailer includes a quote from the most likely people who were probably sitting around a room getting high: what if....Carmen San Diego was a thief that only stole from other thieves...dude, there's a show there, let's make it.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Not the same without Rockapella.

Agreed. Don't count out the late Lynne Thigpen as the Chief & Greg Lee as the host.

looks dumb compared to the old trivia show

My son will probably like it. Which is probably the main point of the show. Parents remembering the old show and watching it with their kids who will prefer the new style and continue watching it after their parents get bored of the nostalgia aspect.

I like that the trailer includes a quote from the most likely people who were probably sitting around a room getting high: what if....Carmen San Diego was a thief that only stole from other thieves...dude, there's a show there, let's make it.

You guys are all just denying your inner child the guilty pleasure of seeing Carmen Sandiego turn face.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Man, what's up with this minimilist animation style that everyone is doing these days, it's terrible.

Also, the original was one of the coolest and educational shows ever.

And that intro, oh my.

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
You guys are all just denying your inner child the guilty pleasure of seeing Carmen Sandiego turn face.

If she hasn't shown such consideration in the past representation.

It seems they are going with the idea that she has been a thief her whole life, and reject that part of the canon as her being a detective gone rogue.

Just to note, I do remember the game shows as being favorites growing up (they had a Where in Time edition as well).

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

It seems they are going with the idea that she has been a thief her whole life, and reject that part of the canon as her being a detective gone rogue.

We don’t really know what backstory they’re going to go with yet.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
She was always going to be made into some kind of hero for the cartoon.

My biggest complaint (which isn't a complaint, I wont watch and it and was never going to, I am not the demo) is just that it looks like the exact same animation they use for literally everything nowadays. It all looks the exact same.

I think I saw it on Twitter someone say that they turned Carmen Sandiego into a bootleg Kim Possible and yea, that about sums it up.

Loved both the old game show and the old PC game. I remember buying it at a garage sale up the street. Good ol' educational PC software. :thumbu:

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton

Just to note, I do remember the game shows as being favorites growing up (they had a Where in Time edition as well).

In that cartoon they did establish that she was a former detective, and one of the best.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Man, what's up with this minimilist animation style that everyone is doing these days, it's terrible.

Also, the original was one of the coolest and educational shows ever.

And that intro, oh my.

Technically, people remember the OUTRO the most. It's a common misconception with WITWICS. (I'm a Trekkie. Being pedantic and nitpicky is a prerequisite to joining.)

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
She was always going to be made into some kind of hero for the cartoon.

My biggest complaint (which isn't a complaint, I wont watch and it and was never going to, I am not the demo) is just that it looks like the exact same animation they use for literally everything nowadays. It all looks the exact same.

I think I saw it on Twitter someone say that they turned Carmen Sandiego into a bootleg Kim Possible and yea, that about sums it up.

Loved both the old game show and the old PC game. I remember buying it at a garage sale up the street. Good ol' educational PC software. :thumbu:

Not really for us but I'd imagine that kids if not enjoy then at least don't mind the look, and more importantly it's probably a lot cheaper for the studios to produce this style.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad