Online Series: Carmen Sandiego

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

Take it with a grain of salt.

"Speaking of opportunity, it would be difficult to talk about Carmen Sandiego without bringing up the brilliance of its representation. From Carmen herself, to the heads of secret agencies, to the inspector's brilliant assistant, every woman on this show kicks ass, no two ways about it.... The inspector, while he's often an imbecile, actively listens to, takes the advice of, and shows respect to his assistant, because that's just what he's supposed to do. The series gives young girls some impeccable role models to look up to, but it also gives boys a chance to see what equality and respect truly look like."

So the girls are brilliant heads of agencies and the boys are imbeciles who take instruction from their underlings.

What a shock! :eek:

:rolleyes:

Reactions: HFBCommenter

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I just started watching this show. I think it leans more towards being a Kids show (Not surprised) but I did enjoy the second episode more than the first. Watching the third episode now. Not really a fan of the french accents.

Sep 19, 2008
It was renewed for season 2.

It just feels wrong to watch it given I had already seen the original years ago. But hey, if kids are watching it and trying to learn something from "Spanish Kim Possible" then fine

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I just started watching this show. I think it leans more towards being a Kids show (Not surprised) but I did enjoy the second episode more than the first. Watching the third episode now. Not really a fan of the french accents.

The original was a kid’s show as well. Just back then kids shows weren’t all the same.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
The original was a kid’s show as well. Just back then kids shows weren’t all the same.

Oh yeah, but I was a kid and enjoyed it more for the original. I was hearing good things about this series, and I watched the season and I probably won't be coming back for Season 2. It was ok, but not really gripping me, and it probably is because I wasn't the demographic.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
My 1 year old daughter and I are working our way through it. While not not as good as the original (probably nostalgia talking) I am still enjoying it and enjoying the time with my daughter. Glad it is being brought back for another season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad