TSN Radio Carlyle likely to be fired

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Do we need to change the coach....yes.

We also need to change the mentality of the players.....some simply need to go....as they lack the work ethic that teams need to be successful. Starting with Dion....Lupul and Raymond.....none of these guys are required back....as they are all selfish and not willing to pay the price.

I was not defending Carlyle but to think that this is a coaching issue is beyond crazy....its the players....two different coaches with two different approaches and still the same results. We lack accountability within the dressing room. We lack visual leadership, and with out these, we are a rudderless ship hoping to get to its destination!

Kyle Doobas*

devils fans issued warnings about clarkson.
And now they're doing some of the same for deboer.
Have leafs learned?
lol

DEVILS FANS SAID ONE THING AND THEY WERE RIGHT
NOW THEY'RE SAYING ANOTHER THING
THEREFORE THEY MUST BE RIGHT

Last edited by a moderator:

number72

Oct 9, 2011
Do we need to change the coach....yes.

We also need to change the mentality of the players.....some simply need to go....as they lack the work ethic that teams need to be successful. Starting with Dion....Lupul and Raymond.....none of these guys are required back....as they are all selfish and not willing to pay the price.

I was not defending Carlyle but to think that this is a coaching issue is beyond crazy....its the players....two different coaches with two different approaches and still the same results. We lack accountability within the dressing room. We lack visual leadership, and with out these, we are a rudderless ship hoping to get to its destination!

Finally a post that speaks the truth. Carlyle is being made the scapegoat for the team's failures. Carlyle needs to go but the leaf core is rotten. Most of this team collapsed under Wilson in a similar fashion. They refused to play defence for Wilson. They kept saying we will be better. And this team still lacks compete which become clear when the "going gets tough" late in the season and the crumbles under the pressure.

What people need to deal with is that a new coach will simply be run out of town in two years just like Carlyle.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Devils fans issued warnings about Clarkson.
And now they're doing some of the same for Deboer.
Have Leafs learned?

I can't believe when I was talking with Nonis I brought up signing Clarkson especially after listening to some anonymous Devils fans on the internet.. Oh wait, no one in Leafs management listens to any Leaf fans anywhere as they get paid a lot of money to think for themselves and ALWAYS make their own decisions without external input.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Finally a post that speaks the truth. Carlyle is being made the scapegoat for the team's failures. Carlyle needs to go but the leaf core is rotten. Most of this team collapsed under Wilson in a similar fashion. They refused to play defence for Wilson. They kept saying we will be better. And this team still lacks compete which become clear when the "going gets tough" late in the season and the crumbles under the pressure.

What people need to deal with is that a new coach will simply be run out of town in two years just like Carlyle.

and the truth will set you free :handclap:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I can't believe when I was talking with Nonis I brought up signing Clarkson especially after listening to some anonymous Devils fans on the internet.. Oh wait, no one in Leafs management listens to any Leaf fans anywhere as they get paid a lot of money to think for themselves and ALWAYS make their own decisions without external input.

Personally I think they do the opposite of what fans want just so they can say they think for themselves.

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
Read what puck daddy wrote today in his article and thought this was some interesting pieces:

Witness:
* The loss of the team’s two best forwards in consecutive seasons.
* The Martin Brodeur headache he was handed this season, a combination of fading star’s hungry ego and the acquisition of his replacement with one year left on Marty’s contract.
* The fact the players led DeBoer’s team to an 0-12 record in the shootout, which is the reason we’re not talking about where the Devils are seeded in the tournament now.
DeBoer’s a damn good coach. As a Devils fan, I’d hate to see him fired and I’d hate to see him leave. But as he’s discovered through the years, thanks to his depleted rosters, it’s a business. The Leafs could make him a heck of an offer.
DeBoer if wants to come to coach the Leafs wouldn't be all that bad. He does demand lots from his players but also teaches them how to play a solid two way game.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
10177509_10152175235086655_5350505919083090890_n.jpg

Mar 26, 2010
Do we need a coaching change? Yes!

Will there be a Coaching change? NO!!!!

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
This is why Carlyle needs to be fired:

“We didn’t seem to be able to break the cycle, and they were using the points. We play with a lot of people down low in our zone so the points are going to be open. And yet they seemed to be getting the point shots through and a lot of tips and rebounds. Obviously something.. something was wrong there.”
- Joffrey Lupul after the 5-3 loss to St. Louis.

There's zero trust between the players and the coach. Why? Because they tried to stick to the system. They collapse just like Carlyle wants and they can see for themselves that it just doesn't work.

What happens when players stop trusting the system (because it's a terrible system)? They start playing as individuals instead of a team.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008

There's zero trust between the players and the coach. Why? Because they tried to stick to the system. They collapse just like Carlyle wants and they can see for themselves that it just doesn't work.

What happens when players stop trusting the system (because it's a terrible system)? They start playing as individuals instead of a team.

Exactly.

Carlyle coached teams in the last 4 years(with 2 different teams) have finished bottom 5 in puck possession every year, they also finished bottom 5 in shots allowed in each season.

Sep 14, 2009
Guelph
Exactly.

Carlyle coached teams in the last 4 years(with 2 different teams) have finished bottom 5 in puck possession every year, they also finished bottom 5 in shots allowed in each season.

Exactly.

I brought this up months ago. Anaheim looked dreadful under Carlyle and as soon as he left, the team got better -- they're a top-five team in the league right now.

I do think personnel changes are needed (the guys who aren't putting up big points and won't be defence, such as Lupul and Raymond, need to go) but Carlyle needs to go as well.

At the same time, this team has been able to win under Carlyle and it's obvious that some of what ails the team is individual problems: constant turnovers, inability to place D and poor hockey sense.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Exactly.

If I'm looking at the right stats(not sure how these totally work)

Leafs

2007-2008
CF% - 10th , FF% - 8th, final position - 24th overall(12th in conference)

2008-2009
CF% - 13th , FF% - 11th , final position - 24th overall(12th in conference)

2009-2010
CF% - 4th, FF% - 3rd , final position - 29th overall(15th in conference)

2010-2011
CF% - 25th , FF% - 26th , final position - 22nd overall(10th in conference)

2011-2012
CF% - 18th , FF% - 24th , final position - 26th overall(13th in conference)

2012-2013
CF% - 30th , FF% - 30th , final position - 9th overall(5th in conference)

2013-2014
CF% - 30th , FF% - 30th , final position - ??(?? in conference) and were in a playoff spot for majority of the season

Salgari

Apr 29, 2004
www.myspace.com

This needs to be quoted over and over, so everybody sees it.

We were being handicapped all year long by our own coach.

Unbelievable.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
This needs to be quoted over and over, so everybody sees it.

We were being handicapped all year long by our own coach.

Unbelievable.

Maybe the system works, maybe it doesn't. But constantly playing McClement over players like Kadri, Lupul, JVR is not a recipe for success. We started our winning streak as soon as McClement went to the 4th line. His ice-time distribution is atrocious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad