Speculation: Carl Soderberg.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I wouldn't be surprised to see him A. re-sign in Arizona or B. head home to Sweden.

Reactions: qqaz

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Would have to think there is a strong market for 2/3 line center that can score 20/50.

he’ll sign somewhere I’m sure

Reactions: buud

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Just about into December and still haven’t heard any news on big Carl.

I’m sure a team should call for a veteran bottom 6 option on the cheap.

Acetylene

Every dog has it’s day
Jul 10, 2010
Sweden
Come on back to Denver, Big Ol' Carl. There's a 3C spot with your name on it if you're willing to sign for cheap.

Really? What´s the expected $ for Kamenev then, I thought the Av´s didn't have much Cap Space to sign new players?

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Really? What´s the expected $ for Kamenev then, I thought the Av´s didn't have much Cap Space to sign new players?
I’ll tell you what my offer is now and what the Avs offer is for Kamenev now if you’ll hear it.

The offer is this for Kamenev..... Nothing not even the $20,000 for the gaming license, which I would appreciate if you would put up personally. :laugh:

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado

Kamenev signed a 2 year deal in the KHL. But, I think the Avs are unlikely to sign anyone else at this point, since they have less than $2m in space with only 20 active players.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
This isn't specific to Soderberg or the Avs but I suspect that not long after the date the season start date (assuming there is a season) is announced that there will be a flurry of signings. I suspect after the initial signings are announced, then you'll see some ultra low contracts handed out as players realize that getting on a roster and getting paid something is better than not. The number of available roster spots will be minimal, and money will be tight. Europe and other leagues may become options for some as well.

Last edited:

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
How good would this guy have been if he didn’t have that eye problem?

True. Also, if he had come over to the NHL sooner he would have had more prime years there and may have become a better player with more NHL experience to build on. I think he waited until he was 27, despite the Blues and then Bruins asking him to come over.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
He’s a solid player, but he’s depth. He’s going to be taking a big pay cut in 2021. There just doesn’t seem to be much space for that type of player in a flat-cap year.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
True. Also, if he had come over to the NHL sooner he would have had more prime years there and may have become a better player with more NHL experience to build on. I think he waited until he was 27, despite the Blues and then Bruins asking him to come over.
It wasn’t a rhetorical question lol I’m just wondering how good do ppl think he would be. Because he’s big, a good skater for his size, good hands, smart, etc. Based on that I’m thinking he could have maybe been a 60-70 point 1C.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
If he wants to stay in the nhl I can see a team signing him a million and then add another million in incentives
Still a good solid player

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Would have to think there is a strong market for 2/3 line center that can score 20/50.

he’ll sign somewhere I’m sure
His game really fell off of a cliff last season. After a very strong start, he seemed to get old all at once. I was hopeful he'd rebound in the bubble with all of that time off. But he was a non-factor. I think his 20/50 days are well behind him. Still a useful player, though.

Reactions: Dicky113

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad