NFL: Carl Nassib comes out, becomes the first active openly gay NFL player

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
He mentions three people named Connor, Cason, and Francis. Who are these people, his siblings or are they Raider players? Sorry I don't follow American football.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Chris5225

Dec 29, 2019
Good for him and the league.

Maybe not great for the Raiders who would like to be rid of his contract. Definitely can't think about that any time soon.

Reactions: Summer Rose

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Good for him and the league.

Maybe not great for the Raiders who would like to be rid of his contract. Definitely can't think about that any time soon.
Players of his caliber unlikely to get traded. He counts $4.9 against the cap but $9 mill in dead money if he is cut so he’s going to remain with the club. But if he doesn’t perform up to the contract this season raiders would cut him in 2022 and eat $4.6 mill in dead cap vs take a $9.1 mill cap hit for him. Saves them $4.5 mill.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Players of his caliber unlikely to get traded. He counts $4.9 against the cap but $9 mill in dead money if he is cut so he’s going to remain with the club. But if he doesn’t perform up to the contract this season raiders would cut him in 2022 and eat $4.6 mill in dead cap vs take a $9.1 mill cap hit for him. Saves them $4.5 mill.
They were going to cut him earlier this offseason but he agreed to restructure his contract. He better play a lot better this year if he hopes to stick around next year. He was pretty awful last year. Good on him for coming out tho.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Yeah see now the Raiders are kind of in a pickle if they planned on releasing him anytime soon. Not that I would want him to be released judging by his play against my team.

I do think it's good he came out. I wonder if we will ever see a hockey player do it.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They were going to cut him earlier this offseason but he agreed to restructure his contract. He better play a lot better this year if he hopes to stick around next year. He was pretty awful last year. Good on him for coming out tho.
They basically gave him another chance and pushed some dead money down the road. Nassib realized that with a declining cap and the season he’s coming off he wouldn’t get many decent offers so took the restructured contract.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yeah see now the Raiders are kind of in a pickle if they planned on releasing him anytime soon. Not that I would want him to be released judging by his play against my team.

I do think it's good he came out. I wonder if we will ever see a hockey player do it.
They were but both sides restructured the contract. Doubt the raiders would hesitate to cut him in 2022 if he has a similar season to the one he’s coming off.
Football decisions first and forecast for Gruden.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021

It's inevitable. Father Time is undefeated.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

I hope this finally causes the dam to burst. Enough players come out and like Carl said it won’t be a big deal.

Reactions: Troy McClure

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad