Carl Hagelin Appreciation Thread

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Was truly sad to hear this one today. It's tough for us but I can't imagine how it must feel for the boys. Good luck Hagelin hopefully we see you in a pens uni once more someday. You'll always be one of us and nobody can take away the history you've helped us build in this great city we call Pittsburgh.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
cut.jpg

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Going to miss Hags, he brought so much speed to our game
Not the greatest finisher and missed a lot of scoring chances, but I will not forget the fact that he was a huge contributor in the B2B Cups!
Bets of luck Hags!

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Was truly sad to hear this one today. It's tough for us but I can't imagine how it must feel for the boys. Good luck Hagelin hopefully we see you in a pens uni once more someday. You'll always be one of us and nobody can take away the history you've helped us build in this great city we call Pittsburgh.
I’d welcome back Hags at the Deadline in a heartbeat if we still are a little weak on LW after the swap. Id even go as far as to throw a 2-3 year 3 mil deal at him in the offseason.

Definitely gonna miss him, all the talks about us coasting through the regular season never included Hags. He just had cinder blocks for hands but he would always give 100%. Just hope he doesn’t go to a rival at the deadline. Our luck, he’d start potting biscuits against us IF/WHEN we potentially play him in the playoffs.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I’d welcome back Hags at the Deadline in a heartbeat if we still are a little weak on LW after the swap. Id even go as far as to throw a 2-3 year 3 mil deal at him in the offseason.

Definitely gonna miss him, all the talks about us coasting through the regular season never included Hags. He just had cinder blocks for hands but he would always give 100%. Just hope he doesn’t go to a rival at the deadline. Our luck, he’d start potting biscuits against us IF/WHEN we potentially play him in the playoffs.

Pens retained salary. I don't think their eligible to get Hags back for a year/contract is bought out/contract runs out??

I liked him, but he's not worth 3mil anymore let alone 2-3 more years. Just not enough from him besides tenacity.

Reactions: Trade

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
He will live on as a penguin in our hearts and minds folks. Who knew a role player would have such a huge impact on the organization as a whole. I hope when he retires maybe he'll come back to the city and work for the penguins in some facet.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Pens retained salary. I don't think their eligible to get Hags back for a year/contract is bought out/contract runs out??

I liked him, but he's not worth 3mil anymore let alone 2-3 more years. Just not enough from him besides tenacity.

It’s our salary though so we’d be paying for it anyway.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
It’s our salary though so we’d be paying for it anyway.

From capfriendly:

• A team cannot reacquire a player whom they have retained salary from for a minimum of one year after the date of the transaction, or unless the player's contract expires or is terminated prior to the one-year date.

Unless I read that wrong, Pens can't get him back until summer (when contact expires).

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
From capfriendly:

• A team cannot reacquire a player whom they have retained salary from for a minimum of one year after the date of the transaction, or unless the player's contract expires or is terminated prior to the one-year date.

Unless I read that wrong, Pens can't get him back until summer (when contact expires).

I think you’re right. Seems kind of dumb though if the original team is still paying.

Maybe it’s to stop teams doing it to be cap compliant then getting the player back down the road when they can be.

Eg: player X 50% retention plus 1st round for a 2nd then later on getting the player back for a late pick.

Reactions: EightyOne

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Always wanted to take him for a spin.
T'was a fun ride.

My mind abuses this selection of wording and takes my imagination down a dark road.

He doesn't have that Talbot moment with Carcillo(sp), but I will always remember Hagelin favorably.

Edit:
I will never forget him breaking his foot and getting pissy they wouldn't play him asap in post. Number one memory is him getting freight trained vs philly. That hit was brutal. Not to bring zar into this, but zar and Hagelin and almost Tanger (Oshie) got the two worst hits on a penguin player I can remember from recent brain pulling.

Last edited:
Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad