Carl Hagelin Appreciation Thread

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Loved his flow. Damn you JR, damn you!!!! Thanks for what you brought to the team Hags!!!!!!

One last time :(

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town

I'm heavily biased towards Hagy because I remember developing a grudging respect for his play as a Ranger, and being envious as hell they were churning out talented guys like him at the time.

I was excited when he was traded here even though we had bottomed out at the time, but the way he gelled to perfection with HBK, and his play as the spinning-top energy guy to compliment Geno and Phil was magnificent. Most of all, on the PK or fighting off an extra attacker late in games, there was almost nobody I wanted out there more than him. Hags and Cullen took the edge off those dicey situations where the Pens were hemmed in their own zone.

Cant say anything else other than he will be missed. Good guy, good teammate, good Penguin who is a subtle part of the team's history. I'm sure he wont be back, but if he was available for peanuts at the deadline we could do much worse than Carl.

Last edited:

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Hags was the only Rangers player I liked. Then go find out the Pens traded for him from the Ducks I was ecstatic. Instantly became one of my favorite players on the team. I figured he would go after the season so I didn't expect this right now. Thanks for all your contributions on the back to back Cup teams. All the very best to you in the future!!!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
kGNypim.gif

As a long time Hagelin fan from his days in Michigan, this is actually sad for me. I absolutely love his speed and he is, bar none, the fastest player in the league and that isn't even debatable. McDavid is fast, Hagelin is faster. It's a shame he just couldn't be consistent in his career with his offense, but defensively and on the forecheck, he's a solid cog and metrics showed how much Malkin benefit from playing with him.

I hope he does well in LA and if he moves on, I hope he goes back to the Rangers where I know he has a ton of friends.

I know people say "I'll miss that player..."

T7RIBs5.gif

But I am seriously going to miss this guy.

Best of luck to the 2nd best hair in the league.

DKEAkY4.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad