Carl Grundstrom

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i like him. works hard, surprisingly good shot, actually willing to check unlike some of the other loafs on this team. quintessential bottom 6 guy

even if he wasn't the centerpiece of that muzzin trade, i'm happy he came this way

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Was Grundstrom the center piece of the JM trade or was it the 1st round pick? I think the latter — but maybe a bit of both. Regardless, I like his play and what he brings to the ice. Very good bottom six player.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Was Grundstrom the center piece of the JM trade or was it the 1st round pick? I think the latter — but maybe a bit of both. Regardless, I like his play and what he brings to the ice. Very good bottom six player.

The pick, Grundstrom was a nice young player/prospect to add to the mix, but the pick was their prime concern, they weren't going to trade Muzzin unless they got a 1st in the package. Also, that pick ended up becoming Bjornfot who is now the defensive prospect that nearly every fan is impressed with and gushing over at this point.

Grundstrom will likely be a staple on the third line in the future, though he still has some potential to become middle 6, and Durzi has been okay in the AHL, if he makes it he will be a 5-7 puck mover. In the end, though, the pick and some nice complementary pieces was exactly what they were after.

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The pick, Grundstrom was a nice young player/prospect to add to the mix, but the pick was their prime concern, they weren't going to trade Muzzin unless they got a 1st in the package. Also, that pick ended up becoming Bjornfot who is now the defensive prospect that nearly every fan is impressed with and gushing over at this point.

Grundstrom will likely be a staple on the third line in the future, though he still has some potential to become middle 6, and Durzi has been okay in the AHL, if he makes it he will be a 5-7 puck mover. In the end, though, the pick and some nice complementary pieces was exactly what they were after.

Yep, we won't know what they are in full for years to come, but Grundstrom is a surefire bottom sixer with some upside, Bjornfot is a surefire top-4 d-man with further upside, and Durzi is still a wildcard who could put it together like Clague seemed to. Not a bad haul considering. Very win-win.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Grundstrom and a pick which turned into Bjornfot, I believe. Pretty good for Jake Muzzin.

...and I left out Durzi.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
All of the above.

Kings got younger, cheaper, and at the time, there weren't that many forward prospects in the pool.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Grundstrom is playing fine....getting some PP2 time as well.
He is on the same tier level as Moore, Wagner right now for me but with a higher ceiling.

I want to see more of the Moore JAD Grundstrom line. Was it a flash in the pan or a legit 3rd line?
Also the Fagemo Andersson Grundstrom line produced well in pre-season scrimmages, maybe a line combo in the future?

So overall, I am happy with this player, but I feel better production will be comming soon with the right line combos.

Reactions: YP44

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
Love his game, skill and sandpaper, could probably play anywhere in the lineup but deadly in the bottom six, their line was unstoppable with JAD as the center. Can't wait until he returns.
Said it perfectly here. Big fan of his style of play. I’m hoping he improves more and he sticks in our bottom line.

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018
Scored last night again minus the review. I actually enjoyed him and Kempe flanking 11 previously

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Athanasiou scored last night, Grundo is dunzo for at least 10 games barring injuries.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Good player with a toughness others don’t have. Don’t see a spot for him except 13th forward in a platoon roll. Doubt he wants to be that tho.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
If there is one player who is sitting routinely, and is suited to replace what a certain aging vet brings tenfold, it’s Grundstrom.

Guy is criminally under rated by fans and coaches alike.
just have to think they're bringing up vilardi next season, that only leaves 1 spot assuming they let AA walk, and JAD looks primed to slot in, then there's kupari and fagemo knocking at the door too

only way grundy sees anything more than 13th in LA has to be if they let lemieux go which i highly, highly doubt

it's unfortunate because i like his game but there's such a blockade here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad