Post-Game Talk: Carey the GOAT

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
This is art.

I am blowing each frame up to poster-size and mounting them in sequence along my hallway. When you walk toward my bedroom, we will score. When you walk away from my bedroom we will un-score. Then you can turn around, walk the other way and score all over again. Then I am enlarging the frame where the puck goes in the net and wrapping both my cars with it. I am printing t-shirts with each of the Plekanec/Pacioretty passes and making my kids wear them to school. I'm getting personal stationary for Mrs. Lshap and me with the inscription "2-on-0" printed on top.

And your wife has agreed to all this?

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Where are the halak lovers?
Do you see who is the problem here? It was all you price lovers and your hate for halak. The goalie coach we have had for this year and last has changed prices game. It was rollys style on price that was frustrating, because price DID stink back then. Still think halak is a good goalie and Isle are 6-2 which he has been a major part of.

ETA and its only you guys that kept bringing it up for years later as shown by this completely unrelated post in the PGT.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
pacioretty_weise.jpg

DD looks so damn jealous in this picture. :laugh:

Saw this on NHL.com and was about to post it. :laugh:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
It's absolutely ridiculous that this still gets brought up. It was 5-years-ago... move on already.

PS. Halak's still a very good goalie anyway with almost identical numbers to Price, although extremely injury prone.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
DD has got to stop reading HF...
How else can we interpret his recent facial gymnastics.
Troll in one shot.
Scorned lover in another...

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
DD has got to stop reading HF...
How else can we interpret his recent facial gymnastics.
Troll in one shot.
Scorned lover in another...
How hilarious would it be if he did funny facial expressions all-year and then in however many years when he's retired, he lets out the secret that he was trolling because of all of us. :laugh:

Not going to happen, but would be amazing if it did.

BRIAN SAVAGE :scared:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
The defense is starting to get comfortable playing with each other and Carey Price has found his form. Good luck Eastern Conference.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
The defense is starting to get comfortable playing with each other and Carey Price has found his form. Good luck Eastern Conference.
This place is going to become rather boring if this keeps happening. A happy HF MTL board? What would that look like..

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Winning and we have bournival, sekac and beaulieu unable to play with Hudon and Andrighetto playing well in the AHL and de LA rose not far behind..

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Damn, out of all games to miss. I keep hearing it was a good one to watch. Can't believe I didn't get to see that 2-0 live.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Damn, out of all games to miss. I keep hearing it was a good one to watch. Can't believe I didn't get to see that 2-0 live.

It was probably the first game where the team played a solid 60 minute game. All 4 lines were rolling and getting chances, the 3 D pairings had great showings, although Tinner-Weaver got hemmed in a couple times. A big part of MT's game plan seemed to be to keep Nash at bay, and the Plek / Eller lines did a great job of doing that.

Was a treat to see Galch-Plek-Pap get tough matchups yet spend entire shifts in the offensive zone causing chaos. The two wingers have developed a great understanding for each other. They're always in movement, switching sides and helping eachother out. Plek and pap love giving Galch the puck, and he's showing incredible patience with it, making defensemen second guess themselves. They honestly don't know if he's going to take a quick shot, deke them, or dish out a quick pass. Truly amazing to watch these guys.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Yup. People are quick to criticize him whenever he makes a mistake, but no one seem to notice when he plays the "quiet" style that brings so much praise to other elite defensemen around the league, while often being reproached to PK. He played a flawless game tonight. Generated offense at the right times, picked up an assist, and played great defense.
He quietly went about his job last night and had a good game. But I miss seeing the dynamic 'take over the whole game' PK Subban that we've come to know and love. I'd like to see him again soon.
Only up to page 5... Well this is awkward...:help:
7-1. Not much else to say. :)
Mike johnson is my favorite....his comments in the third about leadership and Koivu and how it all really works was a thing of beauty....wonderful broadcasting.
He has gotten a LOT better in terms of broadcasting. He was really, really rough when he first started.
Mike Johnson is one of the best former players turned broadcaster. Probably because he's a product of TSN and wasn't forced into being a Leafs homer like the CBC and Sportsnet talking heads.
Same story for Romanuk. I'll always associate him with Canada's glory days at the World Juniors.
I'll always associate Romanuk with the cop from Terminator II.
This game makes me a bit sad.

Oh what could have been if krieder didn't take out price
You and me both. I think we would've made it to the finals last year.
Yea we play Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday this week
I thought we didn't play until Saturday... Okay, guess I've got to actually make some plans for this weekend then. :laugh:

Costume party at my place? Anyone coming as a Bruin though will be barred at the door.
Let it go...
Whenever she objects, I play the goal-horn at full volume and start cheering.
I only play the goal-horn when my wife and I have sex.

It really bothers the neighbours but it only happens once a year so they put up with it. I score about as often as Bork does.

(For those who think I'm serious with this stuff btw... I'm jst kdn) :laugh:
This place is going to become rather boring if this keeps happening. A happy HF MTL board? What would that look like..
Sunshine and rainbows.

We'll have to start discussing the Leafs.
It was okay. We were the better team but it was pretty even. A lot of sloppyness on both sides and a lot of lulls in the action. The 2 on nothing was awesome though. Max, Eller and Price all had really good games. Lundqvist played really well too. Ryan McDumbass (I'm not bitter about him leaving at all) screwed up to give us the two on nothing so that was cool too...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad