pacioretty_weise.jpg

DD looks so damn jealous in this picture. :laugh:

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
pacioretty_weise.jpg

DD looks so damn jealous in this picture. :laugh:

"Yeah, that's right you cheating son of a *****, I see you... I see how you smile at him, how you look at him, how you HUGGED him. You two-timin' *****... that's what you cheated me with, SOME GUY FROM WINNIPEG THAT HAS AL IAFRATE'S SKULLET!!!
You were everything to me... I'm so ******* hurt... I'll be telling everyone on facebook! Yeah, all your friends will know because I'll message them PERSONALLY! I'll be spending some time with a new man too. PAP! Hope you'll be thinking of me when you take his passes!"

"WHAT?!?! WITH PLEKY TOO?!?!"

bipolarhabfan

Sep 16, 2006
Burnaby, BC
Something good is happening in Montreal. This was a huge win to exorcise the loss last season to the Rangers. Solid performance.

From the net out, we have a complete team. I have waiting 18 years to finally see competitive team out on the ice. Feels great!

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Great game. This team is special. All 4 lines are rolling and looking good. The D looks great... Emelin is night and day from last season, Markov-Gilbert is a puck moving match made in heaven, Tinordi's making me wonder why I ever questioned his hockey sense....

Galchenyuk didn't find his way onto the score sheet, but man was he incredible in the 2nd...

nickd767

May 22, 2014
Ottawa
why is everyone so upset about duclair getting a star?

1. they really dont matter.
2. it was the kids first game in montreal where he grew up, had a ton of family and friends in the stands. classy move by mtl giving him a star, i was hoping they would

on another note 7-1....and im sure the analysts are still saying Montreal is mid pack and not a contender, pfft

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
why is everyone so upset about duclair getting a star?

1. they really dont matter.
2. it was the kids first game in montreal where he grew up, had a ton of family and friends in the stands. classy move by mtl giving him a star, i was hoping they would

on another note 7-1....and im sure the analysts are still saying Montreal is mid pack and not a contender, pfft

I personally would have preferred third star going to Weise who truly deserved it, BUT, I will admit that Duclair did have a pretty solid game, so i I have nothing against giving the kid a star in his first game in his home town

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
We...we keep winning... I wasn't expecting this at the start of the season...

Me neither. I mean, the habs are going through a transition period, and they are winning at the same time.

Meanwhile, the form is getting better. There's still too many defensive lapses and odd man rushes against, but the special teams look a bit better over the last few games.

Like a previous poster mentioned, its babysteps. There's lots of time to work that form into peak shape.

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
oh and yes, I may have more than a few beers in me, but Alex Galchenyuk is incredible.

Its scary!

Now that he gets involved physically, this kid in 3-4 years... WOW!! just, WOW!!

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I personally would have preferred third star going to Weise who truly deserved it, BUT, I will admit that Duclair did have a pretty solid game, so i I have nothing against giving the kid a star in his first game in his home town

Who really cares about the puffery that is the three stars. Duclair is a dynamic skater. As he showed in minor hockey. It mystifies me how we managed to draft 5 players in 2013, including Connor Crisp, before Duclair was selected by the Rangers. We, and 29 other teams, were asleep at the switch. What a mistake. And please ...... hold your comments about the whispers and 'concerns' about his character at the time of the draft.

HatTricK09

Jun 23, 2012
We...we keep winning... I wasn't expecting this at the start of the season...

Me neither, with all the changes made this off-season, but I remember Habs started last year on fire as well, then cooled off half way, and I think the same thing happened the season before as well.

I'd like to see this team be more consistent during an entire season

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
Who really cares about the puffery that is the three stars. Duclair is a dynamic skater. As he showed in minor hockey. It mystifies me how we managed to draft 5 players in 2013, including Connor Crisp, before Duclair was selected by the Rangers. We, and 29 other teams, were asleep at the switch. What a mistake. And please ...... hold your comments about the whispers and 'concerns' about his character at the time of the draft.

If only you knew who I was lol
I am the LAST person you need to sell on Duclair!!
I coach one of the two teams that feed the LSL Lions every year.
The year the LSL Lions won the Midget AAA championship in Quebec, and won Bronze in the Canadian championsips, Duclair was on the first line with 2 STUDS.
1 goes by the name of Jonathan Drouin, Don't think I need to say anything else on him
The other was Anthony De Luca (currently has 26 pts in 17 games in QMJHL).
The line was straight up unstoppable.
His character has NOTHING to do with it, 29 teams "ont manquer le bateau" (missed the boat) like we like to say in french.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
If only you knew who I was lol
I am the LAST person you need to sell on Duclair!!
I coach one of the two teams that feed the LSL Lions every year.
The year the LSL Lions won the Midget AAA championship in Quebec, and won Bronze in the Canadian championsips, Duclair was on the first line with 2 STUDS.
1 goes by the name of Jonathan Drouin, Don't think I need to say anything else on him
The other was Anthony De Luca (currently has 26 pts in 17 games in QMJHL).
The line was straight up unstoppable.
His character has NOTHING to do with it, 29 teams "ont manquer le bateau" (missed the boat) like we like to say in french.

At 5'9 200lbs, sounds like he is built like a tank. Could he be a late round pick next June?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
BEAUTIFULL

This is art.

I am blowing each frame up to poster-size and mounting them in sequence along my hallway. When you walk toward my bedroom, we will score. When you walk away from my bedroom we will un-score. Then you can turn around, walk the other way and score all over again. Then I am enlarging the frame where the puck goes in the net and wrapping both my cars with it. I am printing t-shirts with each of the Plekanec/Pacioretty passes and making my kids wear them to school. I'm getting personal stationary for Mrs. Lshap and me with the inscription "2-on-0" printed on top.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

I agree with your Duclair comments. I saw him 3-4 times in junior and was really impressed. But you can't win them all even if you are Trevor Timmins.

On another note. We're 7-1 and this team hasn't even started playing it's best hockey yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad