Post-Game Talk: Carey the GOAT

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

You will quickly see all the guys with zero class or honor like Kreider (don't tell me he is not running goalies on purpose) start doing it more often because of the league's weak response against Lucic. It's a shame because it's one of the more cowardly and disgusting act one can do to target another man's genitals. It doesn't surprise me that Kreider is another guy doing this. Right in his wheelhouse.

This should have been punished with a suspension immediately. It's just not something you want to see in the game.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
While I still see Weise as a solid 4th liner he played a great game alongside Eller. I wonder if, when MT sits Bork and inserts Sekac?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
You will quickly see all the guys with zero class or honor like Kreider (don't tell me he is not running goalies on purpose) start doing it more often because of the league's weak response against Lucic. It's a shame because it's one of the more cowardly and disgusting act one can do to target another man's genitals. It doesn't surprise me that Kreider is another guy doing this. Right in his wheelhouse.

This should have been punished with a suspension immediately. It's just not something you want to see in the game.
I don't know why the league hasn't done something about this already...

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
While I still see Weise as a solid 4th liner he played a great game alongside Eller. I wonder if, when MT sits Bork and inserts Sekac?

The oh well at least he's engaged argument is starting to wear thin.
His inability to receive a pass is starting to kill me.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The oh well at least he's engaged argument is starting to wear thin.
His inability to receive a pass is starting to kill me.

Eventually something has to be done, Bork is a broken record. Habs can do better.

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
This is art.

I am blowing each frame up to poster-size and mounting them in sequence along my hallway. When you walk toward my bedroom, we will score. When you walk away from my bedroom we will un-score. Then you can turn around, walk the other way and score all over again. Then I am enlarging the frame where the puck goes in the net and wrapping both my cars with it. I am printing t-shirts with each of the Plekanec/Pacioretty passes and making my kids wear them to school. I'm getting personal stationary for Mrs. Lshap and me with the inscription "2-on-0" printed on top.

Hilarious :handclap:

Great game from Habs....especially Price.

What a great start to the season lets keep it rolling!!

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Winning and we have bournival, sekac and beaulieu unable to play with Hudon and Andrighetto playing well in the AHL and de LA rose not far behind..
I've only caught a couple of games, but Dietz and Drewiske have been very, very solid as well.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I don't know where to put this.....

HabsLinks @HabsLinks · 17 min il y a 17 minutes
Report: #Habs eager to get new deals done with pending RFAs Galchenyuk, Gallagher sooner rather than later

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Beloved young players who are having a heck of a season, in their last year of their RFA contract and the general manager wants to get them signed "sooner rather than later"?

Shocking!

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
He quietly went about his job last night and had a good game. But I miss seeing the dynamic 'take over the whole game' PK Subban that we've come to know and love. I'd like to see him again soon.

I'm sure you do. I'm sure most Habs fans do.

What I don't understand is how people can say that they prefer Doughty/Weber because "they're better in their own zone" and use it as an excuse to put Subban behind Doughty, even though PK's numbers blows his out of the water, and when PK plays the quiet, laid back, reliable type of game that brings so much praise to those guys, no one seem to even care.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Probably no-time soon.

Bourque is working hard. I can't complain about how he's playing, other than his horrible puck control... but it's just bad luck. He's working harder than he did all of last season.

Sekac will likely draw back into the line-up either after a bad Moen games or a bad Weise game. Bourque is an option if he puts in no effort, but so long as the effort is there, he's still dangerous to score.

Prust is by far the worst player in the line-up right now. He's pretty much there to fight and play PK once in awhile. Moen has made him look like a scrub for the past 1 1/2 years, and I love Prusty.

I think the line-up I want to see is;

Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Parenteau
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Bourque-Eller-Weise
Bournival-Malhotra-Sekac

We lose some toughness (Tinner and Weise will still fight though), but I think that 4th line will make Malhotra even more useful because they will control the puck deep in the zone. Malhotra is better offensively than he's shown, but Moen's offense is non-existant and Prust is always having brainfarts all over the ice.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005

Report: #Habs eager to get new deals done with pending RFAs Galchenyuk, Gallagher sooner rather than later
This is the best team we've iced in years... since at least 08-09, maybe even better on paper.

Galchenyuk and Gallagher both have realistic shots of hitting 50+ points. If that happens, they're going to be worth a lot.

Hopefully he skips the bridge deal with these two and locks them up to Pacioretty like deals (aka steals, not the same money).

Analyzer*

Probably in the unreliable source area, but here's something to discuss ?

Would be nice to get the bridge deals done.

Apr 28, 2010

I hope MB would still wait until March/April to sign these guys. I still would like to see these young kids work for it. I feel like once they get their new contracts, they could start slacking or something.

Mynameismark*

Markov has done the same as these guys with the nut spearing. Come on guys.

Mynameismark*

Probably no-time soon.

Bourque is working hard. I can't complain about how he's playing, other than his horrible puck control... but it's just bad luck. He's working harder than he did all of last season.

Sekac will likely draw back into the line-up either after a bad Moen games or a bad Weise game. Bourque is an option if he puts in no effort, but so long as the effort is there, he's still dangerous to score.

Prust is by far the worst player in the line-up right now. He's pretty much there to fight and play PK once in awhile. Moen has made him look like a scrub for the past 1 1/2 years, and I love Prusty.

I think the line-up I want to see is;

Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Parenteau
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Bourque-Eller-Weise
Bournival-Malhotra-Sekac

We lose some toughness (Tinner and Weise will still fight though), but I think that 4th line will make Malhotra even more useful because they will control the puck deep in the zone. Malhotra is better offensively than he's shown, but Moen's offense is non-existant and Prust is always having brainfarts all over the ice.

Soft...you reward a complete floater and insert some young guys that haven't shown they can do all that much more than our vets who give it their all for us.

Prust is what a 4th liner should be.

hockey365

Apr 6, 2012
North of MTL
If only you knew who I was lol
I am the LAST person you need to sell on Duclair!!
I coach one of the two teams that feed the LSL Lions every year.
The year the LSL Lions won the Midget AAA championship in Quebec, and won Bronze in the Canadian championsips, Duclair was on the first line with 2 STUDS.
1 goes by the name of Jonathan Drouin, Don't think I need to say anything else on him
The other was Anthony De Luca (currently has 26 pts in 17 games in QMJHL).
The line was straight up unstoppable.
His character has NOTHING to do with it, 29 teams "ont manquer le bateau" (missed the boat) like we like to say in french.

I don't know who you are, but I can tell you, you're totally wrong!
Duclair and Drouin were on the same Midget AAA team, when they won those championships, BUT NEVER played even strength together. It was a 1-2 punch, Duke on the 1st line and Drouin on the 2nd line. This is why the other teams couldn't compete. They could cover 1 line but not both. They played together on PP ONLY, and the entire 2 mins.

Deluca NEVER played with Duclair and Drouin in Midget AAA. He joined the year after, when Duclair had already gone to the Remparts and Drouin left mid season to Halifax. Then, Deluca took over.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but we need to be precise in these things.

For the rest, I agree with you. Because they believed P. Roy more then believed what the Duke could do on the ice, they passed on him....

Sincerely, a friend who personally know the Duke, via my son.

hockey365

Apr 6, 2012
North of MTL
On the French media, last night, it was stated that Patrick Roy was happy for Duclair and that it doesn't surprise him what he's doing right now. Sound to me, he would love to have a Mulligan on the 2013 draft......

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site

This is the first time I saw this, but if I were able to guess which ranger was most likely to attack another man's genitals, it would have been krieder.

So I guess I can't say I'm surprised.

You know how north Americans label Russians as soft and lazy? Well, I wonder what Russians label us as when they see lucic and krieder's shameless conduct on Markov/emelin

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad