Player Discussion Carey Price - Stanley Cup Final Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
But not all the way. As Oilers are proving now.
Kings proved it long ago.
Sabres proved it in several eras.
Leafs .
Arizona.
Devils.
To be honest, not many players want to play in Buffalo or New Jersey in recent years and Arizona should never be brought up in any hockey related discussions :laugh:

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Carey Price will be traded before next training camp subject to a satisfactory medical report.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Sure, except pretty much every single team that has won in the past 20 years or so have rebuilt at some point or drafted 1st or 2nd overall and stocking up high picks before winning the cup. Even competitive teams like the leafs rebuilt. Not saying follow them but least they have a team that can compete each year.
Yep . Sure. Its obviously good news when lousy teams gets some high first round draft picks. Back to backs.
But as the Oilers prove.......if you don't draft decently 2 thru 7th round .......your first rounders will get trounced for years.
At one point not too long ago the Oilers didn't have a single Oiler draft pick on their roster from rounds 2 thru 7.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Edmhabber

Nov 9, 2021
Carey Price will be traded before next training camp subject to a satisfactory medical report.

I’m not confidant that he’ll be traded. His contract (even at say,50%, retention), his injury/health history, and lack of playing time make trading him a whimsical dream, imo.

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
I’m not confidant that he’ll be traded. His contract (even at say,50%, retention), his injury/health history, and lack of playing time make trading him a whimsical dream, imo.
It all depends what Price wants. He can say trade me to Colorado or Edmonton and then I will try winning the cup for 3 seasons and then retire. We would trade Price at 50% retaining . We are on the hook for 5 000000$ for 3 years, which isn’t too bad.
Not many scenarios where we are not retaining.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
It all depends what Price wants. He can say trade me to Colorado or Edmonton and then I will try winning the cup for 3 seasons and then retire. We would trade Price at 50% retaining . We are on the hook for 5 000000$ for 3 years, which isn’t too bad.
Not many scenarios where we are not retaining.
What if we take in that bum Mike Smith off their hands? Not that I wanna trade Price, but if we do I don’t wanna retain. If a team wants a solid ass chance at a Cup with him, they need to take the anchor contract off our hands and hand us a smaller length contract that can make up that 5 mill.

How long are Smith and Koskinen under contract for?

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
What if we take in that bum Mike Smith off their hands? Not that I wanna trade Price, but if we do I don’t wanna retain. If a team wants a solid ass chance at a Cup with him, they need to take the anchor contract off our hands and hand us a smaller length contract that can make up that 5 mill.

How long are Smith and Koskinen under contract for?
I would rather not retain , but not sure it’s possible. The more we retain the bigger the return. You just have to make sure you did your homework and take the right offer.

Koskinen is UFA with a N-MTC at 4.5 mil.
Smith has another season at 2.2 mil.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
I would rather not retain , but not sure it’s possible. The more we retain the bigger the return. You just have to make sure you did your homework and take the right offer.

Koskinen is UFA with a N-MTC at 4.5 mil.
Smith has another season at 2.2 mil.
Take em both, the contracts expire by a couple of years, Oilers get a legit shot at a Cup, everyone wins. Koskinen would love it here, we’d roast his ass good.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Yep . Sure. Its obviously good news when lousy teams gets some high first round draft picks. Back to backs.
But as the Oilers prove.......if you don't draft decently 2 thru 7th round .......your first rounders will get trounced for years.
At one point not too long ago the Oilers didn't have a single Oiler draft pick on their roster from rounds 2 thru 7.
When I look at the Oilers since the last 10 years, they don't impress me. It changed a bit with Draisatle and McDavid, sure those 2 are really impressive but ... but the rest, I can hardly name other good players. In defense there is Nurse and nobody else. In the goals it's swiss cheese holes goalies.
Sorry I'm not subtle, lol.

A team needs to have some kind of depth and a system structure outside the shifts of superstars.
Oilers don't impress me.

Reactions: BozoTheClown

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
When I look at the Oilers since the last 10 years, they don't impress me. It changed a bit with Draisatle and McDavid, sure those 2 are really impressive but ... but the rest, I can hardly name other good players. In defense there is Nurse and nobody else. In the goals it's swiss cheese holes goalies.
Sorry I'm not subtle, lol.

A team needs to have some kind of depth and a system structure outside the shifts of superstars.
Oilers don't impress me.
Yes. Thats what I said.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
We already can’t stand sergachev winning Cups in TB…imagine paying half of Price salary to see him win the Cup lol

Reactions: holy

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
We already can’t stand sergachev winning Cups in TB…imagine paying half of Price salary to see him win the Cup lol
I don’t see it like this. Price has been on the team for 15 years. He had his chances and it didn’t work.
Send him to a winning team, like teams did with Bourque, Blake and such.

Sergachev was 19 and was traded for a French Canadian just to appease the French media.

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
I think if a team trades for Price , they will make the picks conditional depending on the team/Price performances.

Last edited:

MON4NHLTOR4MLB

Oct 3, 2019
Price with 50% retained for Koskinen, top Prospect (Beaurgault/Broberg/Holloway) and a 1st.

Do you do it? Do they do it?

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I feel like without the olympics , we won't see him at all this season.

Also I don't think habs will trade him , the only way would be to retain 50% percent.

I think his only choice for a cup run is to eat that bonus for next season and terminate his contract if he wants a chance at it.

Or he will be there for the rebuild.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
I feel like without the olympics , we won't see him at all this season.

Also I don't think habs will trade him , the only way would be to retain 50% percent.

I think his only choice for a cup run is to eat that bonus for next season and terminate his contract if he wants a chance at it.

Or he will be there for the rebuild.
I’ll cry to Angela on Instagram to get him back. This season really is trash without him, I’m realizing I like him more than the entirety of the rest of the team.

Reactions: Ethan Wiles

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Price with 50% retained for Koskinen, top Prospect (Beaurgault/Broberg/Holloway) and a 1st.

Do you do it? Do they do it?
I think Edmonton badly needs Carey Price. Unfortunately, they haven't seen him play so there's a huge risk there.

What I could see happening would be some kind of conditional trade. They deal the prospect for Price, dump some bad deals on Montreal so the cap looks good and they make the pick conditional on number of games played or something like that. Even then though, it's tough trading for a guy coming off knee surgery.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Yeah, I was guessing it was sarcasm. ;)
Oh but wait, Roy won the Cup twice after being traded.
Omg, it start again, lol.
lol it's just a sidebar...it's something you think about though.

Like seriously, let's say you do that...you get a 1st round pick back and couple of B-level prospects. Nothing franchise-altering.

And he goes on and wins a Cup, maybe 2.

And you're paying half of his salary....i'm not speaking from MY or YOUR point of view, but if you're the Owner...I don't know, seems to me that would leave a sour taste in my mouth.

If this guy was good enough to be a #1 goalie on another team and bring them success...why am I paying half of his salary?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
tbh i would love for Carey to win the cup,hes been with us hes whole career and doesnt have much time left ( injuries )
Thinking of Lanny, and ray Bourque types of guys.............everyone would love to see Price get a Cup....should have been in Montreal, but it didn't work out...and it sure wont as we move forward, and trade the vets.

Reactions: Nico Cauzuki
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad