Carey Price Post Game Interview

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Price would have all the reasons to be pissed at how this team has been managed by Bergevin. The core he took over in 2012 was solid gold. There was a lot of work to be done still, but it was the best base to build a contender we had seen in years in Montréal.

I think had Price known the way things would turn out with Radulov and Markov last summer before signing his contract, things might have gone differently. Might have been a bit more cautious to commit for another 8 years to a team led by a GM that has clearly shown he has no long term plan or direction in mind whatsoever.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Eh not really the same situation as Roy, the idiot GM chose the idiot coach over the greatest goalie ever who he then traded. Avs win two cups, Montreal hasnt been the finals since.

I'm not arguing that its EXACTLY the same situation, but this market grates on the superstars in a unique way. The game against Detroit was the final straw, but I highly doubt that the Montreal life wasn't a culminating factor as well.

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
Its not just the after game interview that is problematic, its his whole attitude lately. Another small example is the traditional wave to the fans after a win on home ice. Price is the only one who doesnt do it. Its not hard to lift your stick in the air for 3 seconds to thank the fans, but Price cant be bothered. Not every person in the stands are watching from expensive corporate seats. Some people pay pretty darn good money to see a game at the bell centre, and a little " thanks for coming to support us" wouldnt kill the guy. Lately, he cant be bothered with anything.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
He's had injuries to deal with this season, a garbage team in front of him, and a downright nasty media-created rumour that his marriage was on the rocks.

Frankly a number of the so-called "pundits" in the Montreal media need to be told to pound sand, and a few sarcastic raspberries blown their way isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Carey Price était peu bavard après la défaite - TVA Sports

This interview has created a lot of uproar in the Montreal media due to his responses after the loss. When asked if he is unhappy with the loss he said no a loss is a loss and he just had fun and laughed at the reporters questions.

Is he done with the media? Unhappy with the way the team is going?[/QUOTE

What do you expect when the media make up stories and tell lies about his personal life to explain why he isn't been playing well . Price owes the media nothing and from now on should just give yes and no answers . If the fans don't like that they can blame the media

Last edited:

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I thought Price's answer was pretty innocent. Saying that he had fun is normal. It's not every day that you get to play an NHL game outdoors against your rivals.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Fans and media have turned on him and the contract hasn't even kicked in yet.

It's going to be a long 8 years.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Repeat of the 1995. Price walks by the coach and owner and says he's not gonna play for Montreal again and gets traded to Colorado.

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
Too bad TVA’s garbage website doesn’t play the video.

Anyway, Price is a crybaby, no news there. Answering reporters (who, yes, have a job) comes with the territory of being a pro athlete. Besides, I’m not feeling bad for him. He signed the richest contract for a goalie in league history, and with the exception of 5 awesome games by him, he’s crappped the bed. I’m not disregarding that the team in front of him is trash, but he has not being part of the solution either.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
2gO3XUH.gif

This is coming in the future.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Is this sarcasm or a dig at Henrik/Rangers? One of the most successful teams in terms of regular season (top 5 in wins) and playoff appearances/ wins in the last 5-6 years. Stanley cup appearance, 2 eastern conference finals (one playing in game 7 against TB with 3 healthy defenseman) over last 5 years. Yep a total waste and sub par team.
Oh yeah 7 consecutive years playoff appearances (should be 12 consectutive seasons had not missed by 1 freaking point on shootout loss on last game of year vs flyers)

This is cool and a lot of facts and all.... there’s one thing missing here. A cup. Everything else you listed is meaningless.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
He's had injuries to deal with this season, a garbage team in front of him, and a downright nasty media-created rumour that his marriage was on the rocks.

Frankly a number of the so-called "pundits" in the Montreal media need to be told to pound sand, and a few sarcastic raspberries blown their way isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Those pundits could kick rocks tomorrow and there would be 5 more in their place by Friday. You can label trash media as trash but you can't blame them for being there when there's a market for it.

Edit: This isn't a shot at montreal fans or the market. This is a shot at sports fans in every market. Every outlet has troll media that idiot fans eat up and it irritates the piss outta me. I hate,hate sports talk radio.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
This is cool and a lot of facts and all.... there’s one thing missing here. A cup. Everything else you listed is meaningless.

Yes all meaningless ok lol
I guess would have been better if he missed the playoffs for last 5 consecutive years then?!
Again the original point stated was that he has wasted his time on a subpar team which is bull.

Last edited:

Binary Code

How do I change that
Aug 22, 2013
Delirium
Those pundits could kick rocks tomorrow and there would be 5 more in their place by Friday. You can label trash media as trash but you can't blame them for being there when there's a market for it.

Edit: This isn't a shot at montreal fans or the market. This is a shot at sports fans in every market. Every outlet has troll media that idiot fans eat up and it irritates the piss outta me. I hate,hate sports talk radio.

Montreal media is the worst thought.

And honestly, why ask how players feel after a loss? The journalists always ask the same dumb question after each games so yeah during a losing streak players must get really annoyed by them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad