News Article: Carey Price named NHL's 1st star of the week

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=704488&navid=nhl:topheads

FIRST STAR – CAREY PRICE, G, MONTREAL CANADIENS

Price led all goaltenders with three wins in three starts, posting a 1.00 goals-against average, .971 save percentage and one shutout to help the Canadiens (32-21-6, 70 points) move into third place in the Atlantic Division. He began the week by stopping all 27 shots he faced in recording his fourth shutout of the season and the 23rd of his NHL career in a 2-0 victory over the Calgary Flames Feb. 4. Price then made 42 saves, his second-highest total of the season, in a 5-2 triumph over the Vancouver Canucks Feb. 6 and 31 saves in a 4-1 win over the Carolina Hurricanes Feb. 8. The 26-year-old native of Anahim Lake, B.C., who will represent Canada in the 2014 Olympic Winter Games, is 26-17-5 with a 2.33 goals-against average and .925 save percentage in 48 appearances this season.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Nice to go into the games on a roll so Luongo can start on reputation and choke in the quarters! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
It took a while but Price this season as been lights out. I don't care about the past but if he plays this way down the road we have a great shot at building something serious in the near future (2-3 years). All depends which way management goes with this group of younger players ( Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Beaulieu, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Tinordi) If Bergevin and his scouts are aggreissve I think we could be a solid franchise and compete for a long time

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
You're missing a Dreger quote for completion.

"Sources within Hockey Canada tell me that Jonathan Bernier was 'very close' to securing a roster spot at the Olympics, possibly even at the expense of Carey Price. It is not believed the Leafs are shopping Bernier, but one league source tells me a trade involving Bernier would return a 1st round pick, a roster player, and a top prospect."

Pretty easy, honestly.

Last edited:

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
"Sources within Hockey Canada tell me that Jonathan Bernier was 'very close' to securing a roster spot at the Olympics, possibly even at the expense of Carey Price. It is not believed the Leafs are shopping Bernier, but one league source tell me a trade involving Bernier would return a 1st round pick, a roster player, and a top prospect."

Pretty easy, honestly.

Please tell me whatever you just wrote is not an exact quote.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Hard to tell, isn't it? ;)

I'm in limbo. Between this, Chris Kunitz parked on the first line for TC, Rick Nash playing over MSL and Duchene, John Tavares manning the 4th line and Price - Pk being on the bubble for playing time, I'm losing my ****.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
"Sources within Hockey Canada tell me that Jonathan Bernier was 'very close' to securing a roster spot at the Olympics, possibly even at the expense of Carey Price. It is not believed the Leafs are shopping Bernier, but one league source tells me a trade involving Bernier would return a 1st round pick, a roster player, and a top prospect."

Pretty easy, honestly.

A reason why you're one of my favourites.

Apr 6, 2011
It took a while but Price this season as been lights out. I don't care about the past but if he plays this way down the road we have a great shot at building something serious in the near future (2-3 years). All depends which way management goes with this group of younger players ( Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Beaulieu, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Tinordi) If Bergevin and his scouts are aggreissve I think we could be a solid franchise and compete for a long time

There go your dreams.

Oh and those are all Timmins picks.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
There go your dreams.

Oh and those are all Timmins picks.

So far he hasn't impress me, but I will give him a chance cause he said when I feel we're ready i'll make the moves. We'll see if he has the balls to make a few moves and it starts in 3 weeks and see if he moves veterans like Gionta, Murray or even Markov

Oct 22, 2012
So far he hasn't impress me, but I will give him a chance cause he said when I feel we're ready i'll make the moves. We'll see if he has the balls to make a few moves and it starts in 3 weeks and see if he moves veterans like Gionta, Murray or even Markov

How's life up there in orbit?

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
*gingerly puts hand up*

There's no question Price has been the better regular season performer since the trade, so Gauthier made a smart move. Hopefully it will pan out in the playoffs as well.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Is that preposterous or something? I haven't seen him play much this year but his numbers are excellent.

Well, the guy hasn't even been a starting goalie for an entire year yet. Definitely no where near enough to anoint a guy as an Olympic goaltender. Especially since we've seen this from Leafs goalies before and then they fade into oblivion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad