Player Discussion Carey Price - MVPrice is back

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Mr Saturday Night indeed.

Btw, gotta give you props for your great posts recently. HF Habs HoF material. :handclap:

Thanks. I just want to have a discussion on a discussion board. Unfortunately it seems that opinions are not wanted unless they are written in blood.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Dubnyk gave up 5 on 20 tonight. They now have identical save percentage and GAA. Dubnyk has 2 more wins but 4 more games played. It'll go down to the wire. Price has a good chance at a nomination. He'll get reputation votes from GM's given how well respected he is as well.

Pretty much, if you're holding Price's struggles against him, you should do it more so with Dubnyk, who's getting lit up down the stretch, while Price is stepping it up.

That said, Bobrovsky's easily the Vezina winner with Hart consideration. His numbers are insane.

Last edited:

Chez Weber

King of the North
Jun 27, 2011
Montreal
Price can still get a Vezina nomination despite he had 2 bad months. Bobrovsky should win it, Holtby will get nominated and the last nomination is up for grabs for Dubnyk or Price. These last few games should decide it.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Just noticed Holtby dropped to a .923? Seems like the "big 3" this season is officially done. It's the Bobrovsky show.

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
Holtby Bob Price are my nominees, though I can see dubnyk going before hotly or price. Bob wins for sure

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I dont see Price not being nominated at this point.

Imagine with 15 games of .920 instead of .900? Hes giving Hasek a run for his money with his second Hart.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I dont see Price not being nominated at this point.

Imagine with 15 games of .920 instead of .900? Hes giving Hasek a run for his money with his second Hart.

He was at a .891 his last 18 under Therrien. :laugh: He's just under Bob for best 5v5 save %. Our PK absolutely killed Price. It took 2 games for Julien to fix. Pathetic on Therrien.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
A few years ago, I think it was during the 2013 strike-shortened season, somebody posted a thread "when is the last time Price STOLE a game?" or something like that. I've wanted to be a good troll and give it a bump, but I can't find it.

diskkkk

Dec 1, 2012
A few years ago, I think it was during the 2013 strike-shortened season, somebody posted a thread "when is the last time Price STOLE a game?" or something like that. I've wanted to be a good troll and give it a bump, but I can't find it.

I remember this thread and think about how stupid it was every time Price steals a game (roughly 20 times a season)

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

He's stolen every game the Habs haven't scored more than 2 goals. Which is to say, plenty of games.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

The 2013 season was ridiculous. I remember every poster that were on the wrong side of the fence, so many strutting around still with a clear agenda waiting for Price to give up the odd bad goal and call him out.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
He's stolen every game the Habs haven't scored more than 2 goals. Which is to say, plenty of games.

In his Vezina season this happened a lot. He let in 1 goal or less in 28 games that season. IIRC, quite a few of those turned out to be 2-1 wins (although one of them turned out to be a 1-0 OTL).

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
The 2013 season was ridiculous. I remember every poster that were on the wrong side of the fence, so many strutting around still with a clear agenda waiting for Price to give up the odd bad goal and call him out.
The Habs's SwarmD was figured out 30 games into the season but posters here incessantly blamed Price for every goal against when his two d-men were often caught in the corners or behind the goal line.

When's the last time Price stole a game? Every game where the ****heel Habs forwards can't muster more than 2 goals buddy.

And it's obnoxious to see Subban blamed for last season when Price was KIA and the Habs with Therrien and JJD coaching had to play in front of Condon and Scrivens while WITH Price and Subban the Habs were tremendous two yeas ago. Price has made the careers and fortunes and legends of so many jabronis... BargainBin, Therrien, JJD...

In his Vezina season this happened a lot. He let in 1 goal or less in 28 games that season. IIRC, quite a few of those turned out to be 2-1 wins (although one of them turned out to be a 1-0 OTL).
Someone calculated how badly the Habs would miss the playoffs in that Vezina/Hart year if Price let in just a superhuman and not godly number of goals against...

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal

In fact, the Habs have earned points in 60% more games under Julien than they did with Therrien this season.

I did the numbers for 2014-2015:

The Habs record when scoring 2 or fewer goals was 14-20-6 with Price winning 11 of those 14 games.

To compliment that stats, when scoring 3 or more goals that season, the Habs were 36-2-4

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The Habs's SwarmD was figured out 30 games into the season but posters here incessantly blamed Price for every goal against when his two d-men were often caught in the corners or behind the goal line.

When's the last time Price stole a game? Every game where the ****heel Habs forwards can't muster more than 2 goals buddy.

And it's obnoxious to see Subban blamed for last season when Price was KIA and the Habs with Therrien and JJD coaching had to play in front of Condon and Scrivens while WITH Price and Subban the Habs were tremendous two yeas ago. Price has made the careers and fortunes and legends of so many jabronis... BargainBin, Therrien, JJD...

Someone calculated how badly the Habs would miss the playoffs in that Vezina/Hart year if Price let in just a superhuman and not godly number of goals against...

I have never seen a team give up that many cross ice pass. Price was essentialy always jumping from post to post and people wondered why he was always flat on his belly. Jesus

Also, I have to disagree on Subban. I might have been the bravest Subbannite around back in the days, especially in his Norris nom year (14 15) but he wasn't great last year and as far as I know, hes not this year either. I dont want to get in a debate, just a honest assessment of one of my favorite player ever. He was frustrated, tried to do too much, was a distraction at some point and he was distracting himself from.his greatness.

We didnt suck because of him, but he didnt make us any better.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I have never seen a team give up that many cross ice pass. Price was essentialy always jumping from post to post and people wondered why he was always flat on his belly. Jesus

Also, I have to disagree on Subban. I might have been the bravest Subbannite around back in the days, especially in his Norris nom year (14 15) but he wasn't great last year and as far as I know, hes not this year either. I dont want to get in a debate, just a honest assessment of one of my favorite player ever. He was frustrated, tried to do too much, was a distraction at some point and he was distracting himself from.his greatness.

We didnt suck because of him, but he didnt make us any better.
Agreed on all counts. Kovalev suffered from the same thing - tried to do too much and was worse for it.

I only bring PK up when folks unfairly trash him, it's a distinctly reactionary argument from me every time. I want Habs fans, and BargainBin fans, to be fair to a player who loved the Habs and the city of Montreal and didn't want to leave. That's it.

As for Price - well we can all see how awesome he is and how he's our superstar even more than Karlsson is Ottawa's. This is Price's team, they just have to score 2 goals or more a game and support him.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Agreed on all counts. Kovalev suffered from the same thing - tried to do too much and was worse for it.

I only bring PK up when folks unfairly trash him, it's a distinctly reactionary argument from me every time. I want Habs fans, and BargainBin fans, to be fair to a player who loved the Habs and the city of Montreal and didn't want to leave. That's it.

As for Price - well we can all see how awesome he is and how he's our superstar even more than Karlsson is Ottawa's. This is Price's team, they just have to score 2 goals or more a game and support him.

Im one of the big Bargainbin hater, but even I could see Subban driving himself out of town, kinda like Chuck is doing this year. Right or wrong, when you see your boss going in a direction and youre clearly going in the other, theres only so much you can do. Bergevin is still their boss.

But yes, its evident Subban loves this team, this city and everything about the team. Pretty sure he still loves every single one of his teammates.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
There are still a few posters like that unfortunately

Those posters were around for 3 months and were lurking until about 5 games after Julien was hired. If he isn't posting a .940 save % for a long stretch, they'll return again. Or a bad game in the playoffs. It's sad really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad