Player Discussion Carey Price - MVPrice is back

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'm thinking we should get another goalie as well. I don't want Price to play too much in the regular season, and play like the way he has been playing for the last few months in the playoffs. Better to keep him rested.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Why does he need a break? He's played 30 games in last 14 months. I seen a lot of goalies, from Worsley, Dryden, Roy play 60 games a year a lengthy playoff run, never be mental fatigue.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Why does he need a break? He's played 30 games in last 14 months. I seen a lot of goalies, from Worsley, Dryden, Roy play 60 games a year a lengthy playoff run, never be mental fatigue.

Missing all season last year has to be a problem for him. And probably putting on his shoulders the fact that just 2 years ago he added all the trophies a goalie could get. Times have changed man....the end-result is that aside from Quick one time, no other goalies that won the Cup played more than 60 games during the regular season.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Not sure how you feel this is an argument. You can work out one time in 14 months, you'll still very likely need to rest for a day.
Him missing time last year doesn't make him well rested and immune to fatigue.
Also, just because some goalies can play 65 games doesn't mean can do it himself. Everyone is different. They're not machines.

CostaMtl

Apr 24, 2016
If we give more than 9 millions per season to Carey Price on his new deal, we are doom. People in here prefers to have a great goalie that a good team. Carey is been with us for 10 years now? Rask and Quick, 2 goaltenders drafted in 2005 like him already have their stanley cup. When people will stop pampering Carey like hes a big baby? IMO so far hes a disappointment overall in in his career.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

It's something mental. He's almost guaranteed to have a fantastic game tonight, we'll all be like "how did we ever doubt Carey", then he'll either let 2 goals in in the last ten minutes or be a funnel in his next start.

It's beyond frustrating watching him right now, absolutely zero compete from him

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Price is on pace for 60 games and did not play in back to back games, except when he was pulled out. He is 15th in the league in games played. There is no excuses for the way he played lately. Some games we would have lost anyways, like the last one, because the team was tired and against a very good and well rested team at home, but in other games he could have made the difference. Not the time to go on the panic mode, he has time to come back to his best level. Anyways, we are commited to him and we will win or lose with him this year.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
He **** the bed indeed. Price is average goaltender for now on

He's been slumping for a month. Before that he was still the best in the NHL. Let's not pretend that both hot and cold streaks don't happen.

I'm not too concerned about Price. We're rarely, if ever, losing games because of bad goaltending.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
It's something mental. He's almost guaranteed to have a fantastic game tonight, we'll all be like "how did we ever doubt Carey", then he'll either let 2 goals in in the last ten minutes or be a funnel in his next start.

It's beyond frustrating watching him right now, absolutely zero compete from him

Really? That used to be called Carey is cool as a cucumber, nothing phases him, when he was playing well.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

If you take a year off your peak physical performance at the gym.. do you think you can go back to doing exactly what you did, after that long lay off, without any dip in performance?

They are playing him too much, especially since he started the year with the World Cup instead of lacksidaisical pre-season

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Really? That used to be called Carey is cool as a cucumber, nothing phases him, when he was playing well.

It's his lackadaisical play and movements that bothers me. Take that third goal against Washington the other night. Lazy, lazy pass to Petry, then not nearly aggressive enough to challenge the shooter on the goal.

I'm not talking about him smashing sticks or death stares - those are indicative of frustration on his part.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
No one said he was desperately waiting for it. He was just looking forward to it, because he's found the condensed schedule difficult, which is kind of funny because one of the reasons for the condensed schedule is that 5 day break.

Having a full year off is definitely coming into play here, but I've always wondered if Price will retire early. He has other interests than hockey & he does seem to need breaks from the game. He's talked about that before.

I can't see him hanging on like Martin Brodeur did. He'll just decide at one season's end that he's done, and go west to live and work on his ranch, which is his real love.

Anyways, a Stanley Cup is more important than a Vezina. Price has gotten his individual awards & accolades. He needs to help us win a cup to cement his legacy.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
He's been slumping for a month. Before that he was still the best in the NHL. Let's not pretend that both hot and cold streaks don't happen.

I'm not too concerned about Price. We're rarely, if ever, losing games because of bad goaltending.
Agreed...only on HF do you read stuff like Price is awful, and MT is a great coach...

Keep it up guys...:shakehead

Relax...Chill...a wise man once said...;)

MaxTheWhite

Mar 23, 2015
Only the playoff count ! If he's having bad playoff again, then we can start ******** on him, right now who care how he's *under* performing, point is to get to playoff ! Then, start performing like you're the best playing in the universe... Plz ?

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
I wish that he wouldn't go to the all star game. The last thing he needs is to play more meaningless games. Also I hope that we see Lindgren called up at some point to give him some games off.

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015
Same time last year people were saying that Crosby was finished and he wasn't the same and then he goes om to win the stanley cup and is even BETTER this year. Even the best have slumps. I'm sure Price will be back in form, hopefully for the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad