Player Discussion Carey Price - Moving Home Edition

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
I truly hope Carey gets the farewell he deserves. He deserves a proper send off from the Montreal crowd.

I also hope he becomes a member of this organizations development staff. He could really provide value.

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I truly hope Carey gets the farewell he deserves. He deserves a proper send off from the Montreal crowd.

I also hope he becomes a member of this organizations development staff. He could really provide value.
He will be a HOFer. The only question is if he gets his jersey retired. I think he deserves it but we’ll see.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
easily 3rd best player in the league? Woah thats your opinion and I couldnt disagree more with you. When you look at the goalies that won the cup during his era , you can easily see that a goaltender doesnt tilt the ice like you think. Many teams won with pretty average goaltender.
The goaltending position in the new NHL is so overated by our fan base. I explain that with of our rich history in that position Dryden, Roy, Plante. Fortunately the new management group seem to knows that you dont put too much stock on your goaltending position and more in building a great team on the ice. Monty and Primeau can win you a cup, with the right team in front of them
Price did tilt the ice though, heavily.

Just because teams won without elite goaltending doesn't mean jack when we're talking about what Price did for the Habs. I mean just look at 2021 for example and that was at the end of his career on a set of banged up knees. We likely get swept by TOR in the 1st round if it weren't for him

Dude was a gamer. Was voted best player in the world at one point lol which is absolutely insane for a goalie playing in an era with guys like Crosby/Ovi/etc

I agree in today's NHL it is better to focus on building a great team infront of the goalie but that doesn't mean goalies still can't tilt the ice. Especially come playoff time - look what Bob did for the Panthers last year

Reactions: BLONG7 and Habsrule

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
QUOTE="nhlfan9191, post: 195016662, member: 107293"]
He gave us 8 years of elite goaltending being paid at a bargain before Bergevin gave him a retirement cheque. And he still took us further on that crippling contract everyone complained about then a lot of stars in this league have taken their teams in 2021.
[/QUOTE]
Get your fact straight … price was the 3rd most paid goalie in 2012-13 at 6,5m$aa. Rinne was 1st at 7m$. It wasn’t a bargain. Price was paid like a superstar for is entire tenure here. He got the royal treatment.

Reactions: Tyson

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
QUOTE="nhlfan9191, post: 195016662, member: 107293"]
He gave us 8 years of elite goaltending being paid at a bargain before Bergevin gave him a retirement cheque. And he still took us further on that crippling contract everyone complained about then a lot of stars in this league have taken their teams in 2021.

I don’t care what other goalies were getting paid, $6.5 million was not “superstar money.” All that shows is very few GM’s were paying goalies in accordance with what they were worth in that era. Price was getting paid between $2.75-6.5 million for 8 years and we did jackshit with it.

Reactions: BLONG7

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

I'm sure when the contract runs out, they will have something for him.

At the very least, he will get on the ring and have his pre game ceremony like koivu did.

The other guy who deserves it is markov. I gotta believe it's a matter of time.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

He will. And I have no doubt it will be a fantastic one.

Reactions: austin316

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad