Carey Price Legacy will be permanently damaged

Painful Quandary

Mar 22, 2015
California
And now two guys who HF kept saying were defensive disasters are the reason Price was so dominant. The arguments just keep getting better and better.

I'm confused by this. I was under the impression that Subban was/is a great a defenseman who just had a lot of haters due to his personality; after all, if he was not so skilled, how else did Nashville win that trade;). As for Markov, I thought the official narrative was that he was extremely underrated for a long time and the only reason Mike Komisarek got paid (of course Leafs fans would like to forget about that).

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Price has been a top five goalie in the NHL but his career stats have not been overwhelming when compared to Rask s numbers yet Rask would not likely to be deemed to have a "legacy" other then being a really good goalie.

Because Rask had far superior support. Compare Boston's defense both upfront and on the backend to Montreal's. Regardless of what you think about Subban's defensive play, he was basically it. That isn't to say Rask hasn't been stellar, he just hasn't carried his team the same way Price has. Keep in mind, even opposing players made remarks about how Montreal was essentially the Carey Prices. Players openly mock how poorly the Habs have been structured. It became that obvious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad