Carey Price Legacy will be permanently damaged

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
It seems that by signing the new contract and other shenanigans at Montreal, Price legacy will take a huge hit going forward.

Let me explain.

We all know that goalies are dependent on their teams and while goalies can steal games, in the long run their form highly depends on the team in front of them.

By signing this humongous by goalie standards contract, Price locked Montreal in serious cap issues that led them to lose key players.

At this moment Montreal is a disfunctional franchise and I don’t see it changing in the next 2-3 years.

Price is turning 31 this year and his game is not going to get better as he ages.

I think if Montreal problems continue, Price performance will not improve and his numbers might remain subpar.

If it happens, Price might go down in history as a goalie of 2014-2015 and nothing more.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
Legacy of what? Like, no offense, I can't remember a single great moment off the top of my head. Hell, I recall Halak carrying the Canadiens to the conference finals in '10.

I never got the Price hype. He was a good goalie but nothing that I'd lose my mind over.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Legacy of what? Like, no offense, I can't remember a single great moment off the top of my head. Hell, I recall Halak carrying the Canadiens to the conference finals in '10.

I never got the Price hype. He was a good goalie but nothing that I'd lose my mind over.
He received a Hart as a goalie. Very rare occasion recently

Beantown Beatdown

Sep 10, 2007
Hamilton
Ya what’s his legacy exactly? Regardless of how the rest of his career plays out I still think he’ll be remembered as one the best goalies during his time.

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
He received a Hart as a goalie. Very rare occasion recently
In all honesty I never gave "Carey Price" a thought when you played the Canadiens that year. I mean he was good, no doubt about it, but I felt that Hart trophy was more the result of playing for the Canadiens than anything else. The Canadian media especially are still looking for the next Patrick Roy. In fact, until you said that I had forgotten it completely.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
In all honesty I never gave "Carey Price" a thought when you played the Canadiens that year. I mean he was good, no doubt about it, but I felt that Hart trophy was more the result of playing for the Canadiens than anything else. The Canadian media especially are still looking for the next Patrick Roy. In fact, until you said that I had forgotten it completely.

Personally, I find Rinne and Bobrovsky better goaltenders than Price and Lundqvist. The former are well-positioned and have athleticism at the same time.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Honestly might be the most overrated goalie of all time. Admittedly he had one amazing season, but other than that he has never been noticeably better than a number of other goalies every season. His playoff stats are also well below average.

He's no better than any of Rask/Holtby/Lundqvist/Rinne, etc

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Wait, the Habs lost good players because of Price's deal?... What good players? There's no evidence that points to that as the reason for them low-balling Markov or that Radulov actually wanted to re-sign there. Even with those two they'd still be a bad team with lousy depth on both forward and D AND no star power aside from Patches, who should never be a team's best player.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I mean Price won a Hart, but since 1954 only 4 goalies have won harts, One was Hasek, who won back to backs... the other three were Montreal Canadian Goaltenders... and one of those was Theodore... so I mean until there are some cups in that "legacy".. there really isnt a legacy.... Just a good goaltender who had a really great year once...

Reactions: Nordiques4life

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County

Price brought the Habs to the conference finals in 2014 when they had no buisness beating that Bruins team

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
The problem is that his new contract will affect his legacy if he's not able to live up to it (which he likely won't), but he signed that deal knowing full well that it would turn out that way (not that I wouldn't).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad