Carey Price is the worst goaltender in the NHL right now

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
As hyperbolic as the title may seem, Price has entered Antti Niemi territory to start the season coming in with smooth .880sv% and 3.64 GAA. His team's offence sucks, but him letting in couple of back breaking softies every game is certainly not helping them.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
look at the team play around him. He's locked up long term, the Habs are his team, if be playing for Dahlin too if I were him.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
@treebugger, say you are the GM and the head coach and the goalie coach (given the Habs cap), what would you do in this situation?

I don't think you can do anything in this situation to be honest. Nobody is taking that contract and it's entirely buyout proof. Only option really is just to play him and hope he gets over this spell.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Claude's system is reliant on defense first, and the goalie making saves. Montreal has a horrible defensive group which is forcing Price to face more shots which in turn forces him to make more saves and probably more high-risk ones due to the horrible defense in front of him. Price probably isn't used to the change. Being the goalie he is, he should be playing better though.

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
Such a bad contract. Shaw, Weber and Price. Montreal's not even that good and they are trending towards cap hell. Makes you wonder why Berg still has a job.
Its probably because he can speak French and a French-speaking replacement is not on hand yet. Those language politics are the single biggest burden that team has.

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
Its probably because he can speak French and a French-speaking replacement is not on hand yet. Those language politics are the single biggest burden that team has.

It's really stupid. They should be looking to hire the best person for the job. Also if they really want, just get a translator.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I think a difference needs to be made between having the worst season so far, and being the worst goaltender. He didn't just completely stop being a talented goaltender, he's just in a deep, deep hole right now. And I'm confident he'll bounce back.

With that said, Price has a good case for having had the worst start among goaltenders currently in the NHL. Domingue was on a completely different level though before he was sent down.

edit: having a good case for having had the worst case would be impressive. Should perhaps read what I write before posting.

Last edited:

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I don't think you can do anything in this situation to be honest. Nobody is taking that contract and it's entirely buyout proof. Only option really is just to play him and hope he gets over this spell.

Totally agree.

All we can really do is.....vent our frustrations and complain about it, so this topic you created is justified (don't let anyone else tell you it's overreaction).

Reactions: vicprestige

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Nope. Just a bad start. Price has one of the worst contracts in the league but he’s not a bad goalie. We know he will bounce back.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Price has one of the worst contracts in the league but he’s not a bad goalie. We know he will bounce back.

Unless those things are connected. He has his big contract and the Habs aren't going to win anything anyway, so why bother?

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Such a bad contract. Shaw, Weber and Price. Montreal's not even that good and they are trending towards cap hell. Makes you wonder why Berg still has a job.
yeah they are a fun team in franchise mode nhl18

definitely in a horrible position in basically every way

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad