Player Discussion Carey Price: Best Player in the NHL - The Award Winning Edition (!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
I remember an interview he had a few seasons ago and he stated "I honestly believe I can win a Stanley Cup". Yup Carey, I honestly believe you can too...

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
If he sweeps the Vezina/Hart/Lindsay again this year then that'll start putting him in the conversation with some of the best goalies of all time.

If he pulls off something ridiculous like Vezina/Hart/Lindsay/Smythe for my money he's only behind guys like Hasek/Roy and ahead of guys in the next tier like Brodeur who while would have better longevity stats, would have never reached a level of dominance Price would hypothetically have.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
If he pulls off something ridiculous like Vezina/Hart/Lindsay/Smythe for my money he's only behind guys like Hasek/Roy and ahead of guys in the next tier like Brodeur who while would have better longevity stats, would have never reached a level of dominance Price would hypothetically have.

I'd agree with that. Hasek is the only goalie in history to win more than one Hart so even if Price gets that and the Vezina/Lindsay but not the Smythe, it'll put him in the top-10 at worst, maybe even conversation for top 5.

Breaking Brodeur's win record would also be huge for his legacy. Being the only goalie to ever win 50 games would be an incredible accomplishment. I'm not sure if it's possible, but say he gets 66 starts like he did in 2014-15, that's going 40-16 the rest of the way which is very tough, but not impossible.

TheAntiPrice

Oct 25, 2009
Montreal, QC
They've already said that they wanna keep him around 60 games. So far this season he has played 62.5% of the games, he'll need to play 83.5% of the remaining games to get to 66 starts this season. Seems a bit much even if he remains 100% healthy.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
They've already said that they wanna keep him around 60 games. So far this season he has played 62.5% of the games, he'll need to play 83.5% of the remaining games to get to 66 starts this season. Seems a bit much even if he remains 100% healthy.

Yeah the early season flu hurt him a bit.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
There's one thing that says everything about Carey Price.

If you go to any other teams board, they all lose hope once we get a 2 goal lead.

Same with the players. Just look at that face Carter made when they scored on the PP (I know their PP sucks and it was part of it). But the amount of respect he gets outside of Montreal is insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad