Career thread!

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Hey everyone, we had a career advice/general discussion thread in the NYR section so I figured we’d open it up to everyone on HF.

My names Brian. I currently work in the legal department of a small quant asset management firm. I do some operations stuff considering the size of our company 70ish ppl. But I’m looking to move more into a front office role in the future. I’m always looking for new mentors and colleagues who can help guide the way.

iGetThatBread

Mar 18, 2018
Hey everyone, we had a career advice/general discussion thread in the NYR section so I figured we’d open it up to everyone on HF.

My names Brian. I currently work in the legal department of a small quant asset management firm. I do some operations stuff considering the size of our company 70ish ppl. But I’m looking to move more into a front office role in the future. I’m always looking for new mentors and colleagues who can help guide the way.
Poverty
I run a hfboards lounge discord
Literally homeless
I run the peg
Ghetto, so definitely on welfare.

Thanks for your contributions to society, fellas!

CRM 114

Mar 17, 2018

I am an excavator in NE. I love to push dirt around and my GP margin is 25%. Not bad. My company that I started from the ground up did a little over $8mil in Revenue last year. I love buying CAT equipment.

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
I run a hfboards lounge discord

I run the peg

I run da jewels.

qVKuA1y.gif

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
So I admit I might sound like a whiny millennial here. Apparently, the CEO has complained about a number of people including me being on social media at work.

Here's my problem:

1) I feel like he's spying on his employees

2) He just generally comes off as an asshole to me, calling people out (albeit not by name) that are on performance improvement during town hall meetings.

3) 1 + 2 makes sours me on the company though I generally really like my coworkers.

4) I'm pretty sure this is common at most, if not all companies.

5) I get my work done and I'm usually busy though lately, I've had downtime. His assumption that people that are on social media sites don't have work is false.

6) It just comes off as petty, we're not robots sometimes to optimize the effectiveness of employees a break is necessary. Doesn't mean you have to spend half the day on personal sites, but if you take a quick break is it that big of a deal? I think breaks generally improve productivity.

7) I'm already paid like at best an entry-level employee despite 7 or 8 years of work experience and an MBA from a good school.

Reactions: Roman Fell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad