Career so far: Bobrovsky vs Price

Who has had a better career?

• Total voters

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Price. Simply because of the playoffs. Bobrovsky needs to be great for them to win a series. He hasnt been. Once. He has been outplayed and generally bad in the playoffs.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Bob's third best season was last year, when he again led the league in goals saved above average, which takes into account shot quality. Some of the stats community were pushing Bob for Vezina #3.

He didn’t lead the league in GSAA last year tho

major major

Feb 18, 2013
He didn’t lead the league in GSAA last year tho

Have a look, he more than doubled the next goalie. Bobrovsky's also more than double anyone else in terms of goals saved over the two year period.

Maybe you are looking at a different data source.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Have a look, he more than doubled the next goalie. Bobrovsky's also more than double anyone else in terms of goals saved over the two year period.

Maybe you are looking at a different data source.
Yeah I was looking at hockey-reference. I don't think they account for different shot qualities

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Yeah I was looking at hockey-reference. I don't think they account for different shot qualities

That makes sense. Incorporating shot quality, as long as the underlying shot location data is good (I'm not 100% trusting it yet), is a huge step forward for evaluating goalies.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Bobrovsky, this is not even close when you factor in Price's contract which is also a part of his career considering he took that money.

Price is so overrated it's crazy, guy isn't even 920 for his career (918%) meanwhile Bob is at 923.
Factoring Price's contract :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad