Career so far: Bobrovsky vs Price

Who has had a better career?

• Total voters

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Which goalie has had a better career so far? Both have had some great regular seasons but neither has had much playoff success.

Bobrovsky: 2X first-team All-Star, 2x Vezina, 1X Hart finalist
Price: 1X first-team All-Star, 1x Vezina, 1x Hart, 1x Pearson, 1x Jennings, 1X Vezina finalist

Essentially Price had a higher peak but won all of his awards in that one season.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Bobrovsky, this is not even close when you factor in Price's contract which is also a part of his career considering he took that money.

Price is so overrated it's crazy, guy isn't even 920 for his career (918%) meanwhile Bob is at 923.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Bobrovsky, this is not even close when you factor in Price's contract which is also a part of his career considering he took that money.

Price is so overrated it's crazy, guy isn't even 920 for his career (918%) meanwhile Bob is at 923.

Lol you can't hold someone taking money against them. What was he supposed to do, demand less? You would be a fool to do so at the prime of your career.

Second of all. Bob has a career .920. if you compare that with .918 it's basically negligible that means you give up an extra 2 goals every 1000 shots on goal.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Outside of a better 2nd best season, Price has the better resume throughout their careers

major major

Feb 18, 2013
It's really kind of close on their careers.

To be fair to both of them, you can leave out the years before 2011 when Bobrovsky wasn't yet in the league and Price was still developing. They've had a similar proportion of great years, good years, and bad injury filled years since then.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I have Bob by a hair

If i also considered where i expect the next few seasons to be, but of course, i'm not a soothsayer and could be wrong. I think this time, two years from now, Bob will definitely be ahead of him careerwise

Leonhard Euler

Mar 5, 2018
Price had better career so far I guess. Bob's .891 through 24 play off games should not be overlooked when we look at their careers.
Bob is the better goalie though in my opinion so I'm sure eventually he'd end up higher. The current state of Habs is not something that will make it easier on Price in coming years.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

Why on earth would you factor in contract for a player's career performance?

That's as dumb as the hate Toews gets for making 10 million. Poor logic.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
It's close. Anyone saying it's clearly one guy over the other is crazy.

I think Price is the better goalie. But Bob has had a "better" career so far, and that's the question.

Bobrovsky.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Bob's third best season was last year, when he again led the league in goals saved above average, which takes into account shot quality. Some of the stats community were pushing Bob for Vezina #3.

And last year was a weak year for goalies. It wasn't any better than Price in '17, '14 or '11

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
When it comes to head-to-head goalie performances, I'm always interested in which guys go deep when it counts.

An superlative goalie performance is perfectly capable to win a few rounds.

Three first round exits to me keeps Price on top for now, and even he needs a better playoff resume.

It's still pretty close. Bob seems to have the better opportunity going forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad