GDT: Care Oh Lyin A Her ick aynes verses Deet Roy t

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
While it is amazing considering many of us thought the Flyers were the next elite team, if Hart continues to struggle, then I would see if Philly would move Laughton. He is upcoming UFA and not sure Philly has the space for his next contract. Twenty goals in his last 72 games and plays a style that would fit well with the Canes.

Highly unlikely, but if I had a "perfect" pick he is much like Tampa getting Coleman last season.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Whatever they want to do, so be it, but James has been looking solid recently, so I'm not willing to overreact to his bad performance. It probably would be a good idea to let Ned start more than one game in a row at some point to see if that changes anything.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however im just not sure we are watching the same games. Last night he wasn't shaky, he wasn't just bad, he was awful. That first goal was a slow fluttering back hand that he could have absorbed if he challenged but he sat back and let it get on him then he left another awful rebound and they scored. The second goal also his fault he had plenty of opptunity to grab his stick and didn't. The 3rd goal was a great play and nothing he could have stopped but it should have been the o ly goal of the game. His save percentage is laughable and he only has wins because we have one of the best offenses in the league. I like him, he's been a great Cane but this year he hasn't even been a passable NHL goalie

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however im just not sure we are watching the same games. Last night he wasn't shaky, he wasn't just bad, he was awful. That first goal was a slow fluttering back hand that he could have absorbed if he challenged but he sat back and let it get on him then he left another awful rebound and they scored. The second goal also his fault he had plenty of opptunity to grab his stick and didn't. The 3rd goal was a great play and nothing he could have stopped but it should have been the o ly goal of the game. His save percentage is laughable and he only has wins because we have one of the best offenses in the league. I like him, he's been a great Cane but this year he hasn't even been a passable NHL goalie
Not passable as a NHL goalie? That is just hyperbole.
Of goalies that have made at least 15 starts (34) he is 19th for save percentage and 15th in GAA. He is above goalies like Binnington, Rask, and Gibson. His GAA is better and save percentage is 3 thousandths worse than Hellebuyck.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Are you somehow under the impression me saying he was hot lava poo poo sauce is good? He was bad last night. He hasn't been bad in recent games like he showed last night.

Like I said, if they want to put in Ned more, that's fine. But Reimer has done fine recently. Before yesterday he was 7-2 with a 2.44 and .922 in his last 9 games. Even factoring in yesterday he's 7-3 with a 2.50 and a .919 in the last 10. So yes, he's been fine recently. Ned has been better, but I'm fine if they keep the rotation going. I'm also fine if they give Ned a little run before Petr comes back.

Also, from a quick search, James and his numbers fall pretty closely in line with the league average this year (if my source is wrong, feel free to correct it), so you seem to be using quite a bit of hyperbole in your description of his level of play not even being NHL level.

Reactions: emptyNedder

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Which of the goals are we certain that Ned would have stopped? The one where 3 Wings had a point-blank chance in 1 second, the one where he didn’t have a stick, or the 10-foot one-timer from the slot?

Or are we talking about the ENG here? Granted he was way out of position on that one.
I think your point is fair. But I also think James looked lucky to get out of there only giving up those three last night. Again, I'm certainly not roasting him for the performance. I just think he looked like he was a bit lost last night. It happens. And the team was similarly off for large portions of the game in front of him, so it could just be one of those things. The Wings were hungry as teams often are after losing the first game in one of these sets and we just seemed a fraction of a second off in a lot of the things we tried.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Which of the goals are we certain that Ned would have stopped? The one where 3 Wings had a point-blank chance in 1 second, the one where he didn’t have a stick, or the 10-foot one-timer from the slot?

Or are we talking about the ENG here? Granted he was way out of position on that one.

Ned would have attacked the first weak back hander and not left a rebound on the first goal, James is to fault for not having his stick he had plenty of time to get it he just didnt. Very few goalies are stopping the last goal with the setup Larkin left Fabbri.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Are you somehow under the impression me saying he was hot lava poo poo sauce is good? He was bad last night. He hasn't been bad in recent games like he showed last night.

Like I said, if they want to put in Ned more, that's fine. But Reimer has done fine recently. Before yesterday he was 7-2 with a 2.44 and .922 in his last 9 games. Even factoring in yesterday he's 7-3 with a 2.50 and a .919 in the last 10. So yes, he's been fine recently. Ned has been better, but I'm fine if they keep the rotation going. I'm also fine if they give Ned a little run before Petr comes back.

Also, from a quick search, James and his numbers fall pretty closely in line with the league average this year (if my source is wrong, feel free to correct it), so you seem to be using quite a bit of hyperbole in your description of his level of play not even being NHL level.

I was replying to the "hes looked solid lately" Maybe he isnt worst in the league and I dont think Im calling him that but he hasnt been good and we have someone who has been better in every start. So like I said I would go with a 2 games Ned 1 game James rotation and when Petr comes back if he looks the way he did to start the year my rotation changes to Petr and Ned with the occasional James start to get him a game. Also at this point with the way the season has played out and the way James has played Im not even considering him being resigned. Wish him well and run with Petr (unless a better option comes up) and Ned as the back up.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Guys i'm gonna try to make friends with the Dallas board tomorrow, it looks like the Wings/Canes play again on April 10th so i'll be back to tell you how the Dallas, Tampa, Florida, Columbus, and Nashville HFB fans are. Good luck to you guys in the coming weeks!
For reasons I'm probably not allowed to elaborate on, I would advise you to avoid the Florida board. They're goofs.

Reactions: MabusIncarnate

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

Interesting. Had a few chances to score more...those guys don't ever seem to be hung out to dry though.

I mean, I felt like we already knew that. It was less than a month ago that we were talking about how the Canes can't continue to outscore their problem in net and eventually it'll come back to bite them.

And we REALLY can't outscore our problem in net if all our forwards keep getting injured.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Guys i'm gonna try to make friends with the Dallas board tomorrow, it looks like the Wings/Canes play again on April 10th so i'll be back to tell you how the Dallas, Tampa, Florida, Columbus, and Nashville HFB fans are. Good luck to you guys in the coming weeks!

Good luck, calling them goofs is a bit misleading. It wasnt pretty. Anyway I have had luck on the other teams boards when being civil, and keeping my typing fingers in check when I read someone say something dumb, I only respond to that among my own kind.:naughty:

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
SOME PREDS ARE DECENT. WATCH FOR "desmondtootoo". ABSOLUTE TOOL.

I CAN VOUCH FOR PREDSV82 AND HOCKEYDIVA.

MY RAIDS CONTINUE IN C-BUS.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Don't know why yall are arguing about goalies when the whole roster played like shit and was missing two top 6 forwards.

It was definitely not Reimer's best performance, but shit, it happens. Especially when you won 8 in a row and are due to lose one, you have injuries and the team you're playing just beat Tampa (and took them to OT the game before that)

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Don't know why yall are arguing about goalies when the whole roster played like shit and was missing two top 6 forwards.

It was definitely not Reimer's best performance, but shit, it happens. Especially when you won 8 in a row and are due to lose one, you have injuries and the team you're playing just beat Tampa (and took them to OT the game before that)

It wasn't just not Reimer's best performance, he was fairly bad. That's worth discussing, especially in the context of the team having a rookie that could easily take his job with Mrazek's imminent return (been cleared to play, just needs to get comfortable per Chip). But yeah, the rest of the team was bad too, and we can't overreact to one random loss, especially with Turbo and Trocheck out.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville

True the skaters were bad, however you need goalies to steal games like these against inferior teams and he failed at that big time. The Wings had what 5 or 6 high danger chances and he shit the bed on 3 of the and only one was really excusable.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
When you said: “but this year he hasn't even been a passable NHL goalie”, I think that's what a lot of people interpreted it as.

Ok I exaggerated some but I have since the start of the season mentioned he has not looked good. I dont think he's been comfortable but in 1 or 2 games. Even in games where he hasn't given up to many goals he had been lost on a lot of shots and either they just missed or or got pipe, either way he has been beaten a lot more then he's given up goals and he's given up a lot more then he should have.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
True the skaters were bad, however you need goalies to steal games like these against inferior teams and he failed at that big time. The Wings had what 5 or 6 high danger chances and he shit the bed on 3 of the and only one was really excusable.

According to Natural Stat Trick, Detroit had 8 HD chances, Carolina had 7. It was a toss-up.

Not commenting on goalie play here, just stating the stats on HD chances by teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: A Star is Burns

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad