GDT: carden

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
We had no answer for the defense. None.

Also Hank didn't make the GDT, so we knew how it was going to go anyway. Burning my Hank jersey now.

Hockeywatching

May 9, 2015
I don't understand why I keep seeing 'this was one of the worst super bowls'?

There were EIGHT Turnovers and a Defensive TD, and it was a close game almost the whole way through. It was exciting as ****.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Per the font of all knowledge (AKA Wikipedia) international rights were held to broadcast the game in:

Austria
Australia
Canada
Czech Republic
France
Germany
Ireland
Netherlands
New Zealand
Philippines
Romania
Switzerland
United Kingdom

So I count 13 there. I wouldn't doubt more, as well. For instance I wouldn't be surprised if it was broadcast in Mexico. Also figure broadcasts on the Armed Forces Radio and Television Services to technically add broadcasts to South Korea, Japan, Afghanistan, Turkey, Italy, Cuba, etc.

I have watched it in Panama. It was on in Colombia for sure as well.

Pretty sure it's a global thing.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC

There were EIGHT Turnovers and a Defensive TD, and it was a close game almost the whole way through. It was exciting as ****.

People like seeing points and big plays on offense. Sometimes it's hard to separate a good defense clowning an offense over an "inept" offense. It was a little bit of both today for both sides but more in favor of the former over the latter.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
People like seeing points and big plays on offense. Sometimes it's hard to separate a good defense clowning an offense over an "inept" offense. It was a little bit of both today for both sides but more in favor of the former over the latter.

I think with the advent of fantasy football, and of course the new rules which make it so hard to play the old style of D, we're just conditioned to seeing open receivers and hits that aren't as hard (to separate ball from carrier). Thus we assume the norm is lots of points.

These were two outstanding defenses.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I think with the advent of fantasy football, and of course the new rules which make it so hard to play the old style of D, we're just conditioned to seeing open receivers and hits that aren't as hard (to separate ball from carrier). Thus we assume the norm is lots of points.

These were two outstanding defenses.

Yep. I was scared of Miller all week and sure enough, he was the difference in this game. Monster performance.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
carden?

why is there a random ecu thread here?

BxcE3CbCQAAHCYP.jpg

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
That game was entertaining simply to see how many times the players could lose the ball.

Instead of deflating the balls, it appears someone greased them up.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
It's pretty remarkable that in this era of the NFL that is entirely dominated by offense probably the two best defenses met in the Super Bowl and completely negated the opponents offense. That Denver D has to be up there with some of the best ever. There numbers won't show it because of the era they are playing in though. Their postseason was downright dominant.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009

Because Denver was playing super conservative sitting on the lead, and the Carolina offense wasn't able to create any drama by threatening to score.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad