GDT: carden

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I'll admit, I'm actually happy to have seen the Panthers lose. Why, you ask? Because you know that the national sports media and the Panthers own media machine would be mouthing off about the Panthers bringing the first pro championship to the Carolinas. Never mind that hockey team in Raleigh that actually did just that a decade ago.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
I'll admit, I'm actually happy to have seen the Panthers lose. Why, you ask? Because you know that the national sports media and the Panthers own media machine would be mouthing off about the Panthers bringing the first pro championship to the Carolinas. Never mind that hockey team in Raleigh that actually did just that a decade ago.

The cynic in me was thinking the same thing. Raleigh is still king of the hill. :naughty:

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Well I'm mad, but Carolina got me into football again for the first time in almost 10 years within a few games this year. So I guess I'm a fan now.

D did good I think but offense left a lot to be desired outside of a few good throws. It seemed as if every goof throw came with a penalty or 2, and a drop or botched play. Setbacks.... unnecessary but whatever, I'm sure management won't do anything to cripple the team and we'll see them back soon

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007

I'm happy because I hate the Panthers. And because I once met Peyton, after the SB blowout loss to Seattle, and he was gracious enough to talk about it at length.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007

I don't like the showboating and the ridiculous bandwagoning of some people I've seen this year.

I fully realize that Cam Newton had an amazing year, he's an outstanding player and obviously the MVP. But some of the **** he does rubs me the wrong way. So I cheer against him and his team.

I mean..."hate." Strong word. I cheer against them. I cheer for other teams to beat them. I don't hate any sports teams or players.

Except Montreal in the playoffs, of
Course.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I don't like the showboating and the ridiculous bandwagoning of some people I've seen this year.

I fully realize that Cam Newton had an amazing year, he's an outstanding player and obviously the MVP. But some of the **** he does rubs me the wrong way. So I cheer against him and his team.

I mean..."hate." Strong word. I cheer against them. I cheer for other teams to beat them. I don't hate any sports teams or players.

Except Montreal in the playoffs, of
Course.

Exactly the reason I like him.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
It's like if I popped into the Avalanche board before the game and said "Go Panthers". It's not a big deal but it's kind of unnecessary

If you never populated that board...sure.

We're all internet friends here (mostly). I meant it in a good natured way. It's just sports.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
How many countries show the super bowl? Im geuninely interested....Is the super bowl on TV in Canada?

Per the font of all knowledge (AKA Wikipedia) international rights were held to broadcast the game in:

Austria
Australia
Canada
Czech Republic
France
Germany
Ireland
Netherlands
New Zealand
Philippines
Romania
Switzerland
United Kingdom

So I count 13 there. I wouldn't doubt more, as well. For instance I wouldn't be surprised if it was broadcast in Mexico. Also figure broadcasts on the Armed Forces Radio and Television Services to technically add broadcasts to South Korea, Japan, Afghanistan, Turkey, Italy, Cuba, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad