Carcillo "spamming" twitter with concussion related tweets/links

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
So, having ripped into Carcillo back then, I feel like it's only right to follow up after seeing this.

I don't want to get into Cherry (we've already beaten that horse to death) and definitely not into the identity politics raging around the CTV show. This post isn't about whether the political opinions are right or wrong.

In those posts above, I called him a "rat" and a "problem child", and implied that his repentance is based purely on selfish interests. I think it's really interesting to see him embrace the reality of what he WAS, in the context of recognizing how he came to be that person. I think it's really interesting to see him not just spamming twitter, not just attacking people, but holding himself accountable for his own role in how this story played out. It's interesting to see him, having matured out of being a hot-headed young man, admitting that he was at one point in time a bully and a source of preventable physical and mental harm to other people. And importantly -- that he no longer recognizes that person as himself.

This makes it a lot more complicated for me when I think about who he is, and who he was.

More of the same in my opinion. He's not holding himself accountable for what he was and did on the ice. He's still just passing the buck, and blaming the NHL, "Hockey culture", etc for what he became and what he did.

"It wasn't me, it was the culture that made me attempt to kill my opponents".

That ignores that 95% to 99% of players seem to be able to play the game without actively trying to injure their opponents. Did they develop in a different hockey culture?

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
If a person smokes her whole life, smokes when she is pregnant, gives other people cancer from second hand smoke and ends up with COPD and on oxygen, that's terrible.

If that person is repentant and takes ownership of what she did, I am going to listen to her when she speaks about the evils of smoking.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Year old thread that should not have been bumped.

If someone wants to start a new thread on Carcillos tweets that’s okay. Posters will still be subject to the site rules in a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad