Confirmed with Link: Carcillo on try out contract

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
If he (or Malone) displace Craig Adams, I'm all for it.

I would still much rather give the spot to Megna though, however, I always look at our injury history and think...eventually Megna will get in the Top 6...with Adams on the first line.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
More cap wasted, when there are bigger needs. Then the trade deadline comes around and then you run around trying to clear cap space.

Michael8771*

HOW?! Its a PTO there is no damn contract yet... :shakehead
He's brought in with a legitimate shot to make the team. Unless there's another move in the works our cap space is all but gone if he signs. Not that we have all that much now.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Hell, at this point, we could dress 11 forwards a night and spend Adams salary on a cappuccino machine... and I'd be fine with it.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
More cap wasted, when there are bigger needs. Then the trade deadline comes around and then you run around trying to clear cap space.

I prefer off-season than deadline stupidity. I still think that we are on Phase 1 in getting where we need to be , we can't do it in one off-season and surely not in 1 trade deadline when prices are high. What are biggest needs? TOP-6 and Forward Prospects... You think we can get it during deadline? You must be dreaming my friend.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Moving Scuds or Martin or both and a Dupuis or a Sutter with Adams clears cap space. Thats not gonna change if Carcillo signs to 800k or whatever cap space is we have left.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Most PTO's end up with bargain deals if any is made, and if anyone can find a problem with adding Carcillo as a bargain to compete for a 4th line role.... then they are trying too hard.

Carcillo has been further in the playoffs than any Pens player over... What... the last three seasons (?), and he has done well at that level. Bringing at least some of the qualities our team has been short of.
Most likely he has little impact either way, but it is very hard to see how this could possibly be a bad thing.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Most PTO's end up with bargain deals if any is made, and if anyone can find a problem with adding Carcillo as a bargain to compete for a 4th line role.... then they are trying too hard.

Carcillo has been further in the playoffs than any Pens player over... What... the last three seasons (?), and he has done well at that level. Bringing at least some of the qualities our team has been short of.
Most likely he has little impact either way, but it is very hard to see how this could possibly be a bad thing.

Yep, yep, yep.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I doubt he makes it.

He's played on the two best teams in the league recently. I doubt he needs to be any better to earn a 13th forward spot on a team with questionable depth.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
He's played on the two best teams in the league recently...
If that meant anything he wouldn't be forced to accept scrapheap tryout offers from teams with rosters and contract lists bursting at the seams. The reality is that Dan Carcillo is one of the dumbest players to play in this league in the last ten years.

But fine. If he manages makes the team, I don't want to hear anyone ***** about Zach Sill getting sent down, or even get claimed from waivers, and how we "dick around young players."

Last edited:

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I don't like Carcillo, and he is a dumb player too often, but he is the type of gritty NHL caliber player that our bottom six has been lacking since we purged everyone like that and gave that ice time to Glass, Adams and the rest of the one trick pony PK wonderstar group... I mean he is no offensive threat, but his career scoring blows Adams out of the water... he is like twice the hockey player Adams is even if his IQ is only half of Adams.... .11 gpg .12 apg, .24 ppg 3.02 pim/g to adams .06 gpg .11 apg .17ppg .72 pim/g and in the playoffs carcillo has a .31 ppg to Adams .11ppg

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Siller mentioned it in another thread, but here's the video of Carcillo giving to Simmonds after Simmonds bragged about how he was going to knock him out and then wouldn't fight. I love that Rosehill has to come speak for Simmonds.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
If that meant anything he wouldn't be forced to accept scrapheap tryout offers from teams with rosters and contract lists bursting at the seams. The reality is that Dan Carcillo is one of the dumbest players to play in this league in the last ten years.

But fine. If he manages makes the team, I don't want to hear anyone ***** about Zach Sill getting sent down, or even get claimed from waivers, and how we "dick around young players."

How contracts have been handed out this offseason doesn't make much sense in general. Swapping Tanner Glass for Carcillo is a win. Not denying Carcillo's a headcase. I'd be willing to see if Tocchet can keep him in check.

I'm not one of the posters on here talking up Megna, Sill and Payerl as everyday NHL players just yet. I'm fine with them purely as injury call ups. If we lose Sill to waivers, **** happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad