Carabao (EFL) Cup 18/19

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
But he’s not a squad player. He’s plan B. He’s we need a goal to steal one. He’s let us try and hoof it long and knock one down.

That’s mediocre at best

Right, but that's a usage problem with Mou, not a player issue with Fellaini.

Fellaini played well for Belgium at the WC primarily because he was put in good positions that fit his skillset well and wasn't relied upon too much. With Untied it's much more like you said down a goal = bring in Fellaini and hoof it.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Great, give him the big payoff. With managers like Zidane and Blanc on the market, I'd much rather have either of them than go through more time of Mou destroying the club.

Not saying I disagree. But I can see why the club wouldn’t want to spend $10mil(or whatever it is) to get rid of someone and then spend millions again on someone else. Now I’d love for them to get rid of him and just sign someone else regardless of the payoff(assuming there is one) but I’m not overly confident in that happening soon.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I know he should go, but that’s a slippery slope to a revolving door. They won’t be Chelsea, but it’s certainly not what they had envisioned after SAF

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I know he should go, but that’s a slippery slope to a revolving door. They won’t be Chelsea, but it’s certainly not what they had envisioned after SAF

It’s definitely getting to a Chelsea level of things, but if you’re manager is doing nothing but hurt his own team there’s no use of keeping him around. There were some Chelsea bosses that got axed somewhat unfairly through the years, but I don’t see that being the case with Mou. Name one positive of him continuing on as manager here.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Year. Three. Mourinho.
Year one Mou was the same. This has been happening for three years. It’s not like there was some magic switch that happened this year. He’s been bad since year one. I’ve tried to support him but the fact that we have been awful to watch and awful at getting results for three years is just terrible to watch. He cares more about his ego than he does the players. Pogba is just one example. The fact that he is ostracizing our second most important player is a prime example of how bad he is. I get it no player is bigger than the club. Well guess what! No manager is bigger than the club either.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Year one Mou was the same. This has been happening for three years. It’s not like there was some magic switch that happened this year. He’s been bad since year one. I’ve tried to support him but the fact that we have been awful to watch and awful at getting results for three years is just terrible to watch. He cares more about his ego than he does the players. Pogba is just one example. The fact that he is ostracizing our second most important player is a prime example of how bad he is. I get it no player is bigger than the club. Well guess what! No manager is bigger than the club either.

That's more than I can say lol. I was so against his hiring in the first place...

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Right, but that's a usage problem with Mou, not a player issue with Fellaini.

Fellaini played well for Belgium at the WC primarily because he was put in good positions that fit his skillset well and wasn't relied upon too much. With Untied it's much more like you said down a goal = bring in Fellaini and hoof it.

I think he came on at 1-1 and before the sending off.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
But he’s not a squad player. He’s plan B. He’s we need a goal to steal one. He’s let us try and hoof it long and knock one down.

That’s mediocre at best

Somebody didn't watch the Watford game. He's normal position is now as the lowest midfielder, the one that drops to help the defense. Taht allows other midfielders to play higher up. Yesterday I don't think the original intention was for him to play particularly high up but things happened after he came on that changed the situation.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Zidane being in charge of Man United scares me.... Keep Mou please :p
Zizou will never touch a cancer what Man Utd is today.
- there just isn't cure for cancer

Since when did Zidane become a tactical master? Is it all those numerous La Liga titles he won with Real? Because I don't see the point of bringing up the UCL titles when United and Real squads are built just a liiiiitle bit differently.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Somebody didn't watch the Watford game. He's normal position is now as the lowest midfielder, the one that drops to help the defense. Taht allows other midfielders to play higher up. Yesterday I don't think the original intention was for him to play particularly high up but things happened after he came on that changed the situation.
Nope, didn't watch it.

But I have seen a number of the late parts of other matches where they were struggling and it seemed every time they got it, they were looking to knock it up to him to knock down.

Even so, if you're happy playing with him in the lineup as a relative regular, more power to you, but it's not good enough at this level.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Since when did Zidane become a tactical master? Is it all those numerous La Liga titles he won with Real? Because I don't see the point of bringing up the UCL titles when United and Real squads are built just a liiiiitle bit differently.
I also wouldn't want him anywhere near United if I wanted them to do well.

But he seems a fair shot to get the job if they do make a change.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Nope, didn't watch it.

But I have seen a number of the late parts of other matches where they were struggling and it seemed every time they got it, they were looking to knock it up to him to knock down.

Even so, if you're happy playing with him in the lineup as a relative regular, more power to you, but it's not good enough at this level.

I suggest you try to find highlights from Youtube. He was Man Of the Match according to many people. It really seemed like Mourinho had finally found the perfect role for him both defensively and offensively. He played a big part in both United goals then as well. He plays like that and doesn't try to do things he can't (did once again Watford but DDG saved his ass), he'll be very useful against certain type of teams.

Edit: found the video myself:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad