Carabao (EFL) Cup 18/19

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Since when did Zidane become a tactical master? Is it all those numerous La Liga titles he won with Real? Because I don't see the point of bringing up the UCL titles when United and Real squads are built just a liiiiitle bit differently.

One thing that Zidane seems to excel by all accounts at is getting players to fire on all cylinders, something that United has been sorely lacking for some time. I can understand the line of thought that getting all that wasted talent there more motivated is worth more at the moment than tactical genious

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
One thing that Zidane seems to excel by all accounts at is getting players to fire on all cylinders, something that United has been sorely lacking for some time. I can understand the line of thought that getting all that wasted talent there more motivated is worth more at the moment than tactical genious
On paper, United should be challenging for the title. On the field, they are challenging for 6th. If Zidane comes in and gets the best or at least average of all players then we would be great. Pogba, Matic, Lukaku, Alexis, Martial, Rashford, Bailly, Lindelof, Shaw and De Gea. On paper we are really good.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
On paper, United should be challenging for the title. On the field, they are challenging for 6th. If Zidane comes in and gets the best or at least average of all players then we would be great. Pogba, Matic, Lukaku, Alexis, Martial, Rashford, Bailly, Lindelof, Shaw and De Gea. On paper we are really good.

Meh I don’t think we’re title contenders yet. We should have 0 issues finishing top 4 and realistically are the 3rd/4th best team in the league.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Meh I don’t think we’re title contenders yet. We should have 0 issues finishing top 4 and realistically are the 3rd/4th best team in the league.
Maybe not complete title contenders but pretty close. Bring in a CB during the winter or hope Lindelof can continue playing well. Bring in a RB or hope Dalot can develop into one.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Yeah , I dunno ... City, Liverpool and Chelsea are locks , imo ... that leaves you and Spurs to duke it out for 4th.

I give the edge to Spurs , if I'm honest.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Yeah , I dunno ... City, Liverpool and Chelsea are locks , imo ... that leaves you and Spurs to duke it out for 4th.

I give the edge to Spurs , if I'm honest.
Right now I totally agree but if everyone plays at least average then United are better than Chelsea

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Maybe not complete title contenders but pretty close. Bring in a CB during the winter or hope Lindelof can continue playing well. Bring in a RB or hope Dalot can develop into one.

Were at best the 3rd best team in the league. Liverpool and City are waaayyy ahead of us rn. We’re definitely better than arsenal, and around the same level as spurs and Chelsea. But that’s on paper. With Mou we’re probably only better than Arsenal atm.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I would bet you so much money that they won't.
They're better than United and similar to Spurs but Spurs look to be trending down while Arsenal will improve as the season go on and they adapt more to the new manager.

Watching all 3 play it's clear that Arsenal have looked the better of the 3 and they're the most likely to trend upward of those.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Nice rotated side for Liverpool.

Mignolet
Clyne - Matip - Lovren - Moreno
Fabinho
Milner - Keita
Shaqiri - Sturridge - Mane​

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Surprised by the Tottenham squad today.

I would have thought Foyth would be in over Alderweireld and that Walker-Peters would have played.

No excuse to lose even with no Kane or Erickson.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Chelsea getting away with a lot.

How that was a yellow when Christensen came in with a two legged scissor free of anything...

Azpi following up with a nice elbow to Mane's ribs.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
How was THAT not a handball? He pushed his arms out in front of himself lol.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Absolutely perfect team goal by Arsenal leading to Welbeck scoring for his second of the game. Unbelievable move by Mkhi on that play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad