Carabao (EFL) Cup 18/19

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Sarri: Pochettino “has to win trophy” at Spurs

Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri‘s thoughts center around the importance of winning hardware. Not just for his short reign at Chelsea, but — pressure alert — Pochettino’s tenure at Spurs.

“I agree he has to win a trophy, I hope not this,” Sarri said, according to The London Evening Standard. “For Pochettino, four years (without a trophy), for Jurgen Klopp, four years. It was really very hard in the first season also for Pep Guardiola so here it is really very difficult to build up a very good team – you need time.”

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Sarri: Pochettino “has to win trophy” at Spurs

Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri‘s thoughts center around the importance of winning hardware. Not just for his short reign at Chelsea, but — pressure alert — Pochettino’s tenure at Spurs.

I agree he has to win a trophy, I hope not this,” Sarri said, according to The London Evening Standard. “For Pochettino, four years (without a trophy), for Jurgen Klopp, four years. It was really very hard in the first season also for Pep Guardiola so here it is really very difficult to build up a very good team – you need time.”

Sentences like this are why Sarri is very fun at press conferences.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Very impressed with our backline tonight.

Agree. Shouldn't talk about the rest though (Sissoko A+ for effort and I guess Winks wasn't that bad).

And once again Pochettino completely dominated tactically. I love him, but really can't see how he could manage Real Madrid.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Wtf was Luiz doing on that Spurs goal haha
Luiz is undoubtedly a trainwreck on defense but we need his offense and the contribution he provides outweighs his occasional bonehead mistakes.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I hate Willian and Alonso.

So nice whenever Emerson and Hudson Odoi play

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad