Carabao Cup 2020/21

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
In all seriousness I think you guys will be fine. Really am looking forward to watching your group, should be some fun games!

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
No, I will not be in the Europa Thread Mr. Brightonbob :)
New nickname, gotta love it :p. You are really on the Brighton train these days, would it make you feel better if I changed the Arsenal avatar back to the Seagulls :p.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I think so as well. But I do know fixture congestion and what seems to be their away in Europe form means it won’t be easy.

but Liverpool should be the favorite in most matches they play.

Reactions: robertmac43

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Brighton is underrepresented on here. There are too many Arsenal fans and most of them are trolls.

Oh please.

I see a lot more of you other supporters talk complete shit about Arsenal and get away with it.

Reactions: AB13

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Try harder S E P H, try harder. Im pulling for you.
Try harder for what exactly? Curious, because I don't think a necessarily said anything wrong there no?

- Liverpool lost at Anfield.
- Arsenal should've started the players yesterday over the weekend.
- Mane is better than Salah.
- Adrian was off his goal line in the El Neny penalty chance.
- Gabriel was one of the best players last night.
Found this one

Just because Reds have like 20 shots and 70% possession doesn't mean they deserve to win. Arsenal's tactics yesterday was to allow LFC more of the ball and break on the counterattack. I mean Leno was fantastic, but it's not like Arsenal didn't have their chances' either. Saka, Cedric, and Pepe all created prime scoring opportunities.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Are you trying to say that they (Arsenal) would have beaten Liverpool over the weekend (and the lineup that played for Liverpool) over the weekend?

I mean, there's no way to really know, but that's a pretty bold claim.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Oh please.

I see a lot more of you other supporters talk complete shit about Arsenal and get away with it.
If you can provide an example of me doing so I would be happy to address and comment on it. I think I am one of the moderate ones on here honestly. For example I very clearly did not condone the “diving” conversation that took place in this thread yesterday. Also I don’t think I have used any infantile nicknames against Arsenal, it if you can find it, I am happy to comment on that as well. Everything else speaks for itself. Won’t be commenting on anyone else from the LFC end’s post, but if you have a problem with me, feel free to present it.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Are you trying to say that they (Arsenal) would have beaten Liverpool over the weekend (and the lineup that played for Liverpool) over the weekend?

I mean, there's no way to really know, but that's a pretty bold claim.
Not at all, I am implying that they would've had a better chance of drawing or beating Liverpool. FTR I wasn't talking about all the players yesterday should start, but at least Saka, Ceballos, and Gabriel should've with the rest of the other team.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
If you can provide an example of me doing so I would be happy to address and comment on it. I think I am one of the moderate ones on here honestly. For example I very clearly did not condone the “diving” conversation that took place in this thread yesterday. Also I don’t think I have used any infantile nicknames against Arsenal, it if you can find it, I am happy to comment on that as well. Everything else speaks for itself. Won’t be commenting on anyone else from the LFC end’s post, but if you have a problem with me, feel free to present it.

You are pretty moderate but you've had your moments before. I remember we had a "clash" in the past.

Most of the so called trolling from Arsenal fans is when we go over the top calling ourselves "Mighty" but a lot of people on here can't take that and have to "put us in our place" and start spewing crap all over and get offended when we clap back.

Arsenal fans can't even offer a different opinion without some Chelsea, Man U or Liverpool fan on here to shout down on them. I mean just look at how some here already imply that either Arteta is crap at judging defenders or that Saliba is overhyped just because he hasn't played a game yet. While I mention a remark about Gomez after everyone wanted Fabinho to start over him after 1 game and I got a troll warning.

Reactions: AB13

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Not at all, I am implying that they would've had a better chance of drawing or beating Liverpool. FTR I wasn't talking about all the players yesterday should start, but at least Saka, Ceballos, and Gabriel should've with the rest of the other team.

Ceballos definitely changed how Arsenal played some when he did come on. But I don't think he was very good yesterday. Saka might have some pace and dynamism, but I wouldn't have played him. Gabriel, yeah, but over who? Luiz? There's no way Arteta is doing that if he has a choice. Even if Luiz is worse, I think he likes his "experience".

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
We arent going to have a pissing contest about supporters, take it to PM any quarrels you have. Any more posts will be removed.

Congrats to Arsenal for advancing.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I finally was able to watch the game. I really liked how some Liverpool player played. This Arsenal side was really strong and they fared very well.

I really was impressed by Rhys Williams. It is funny because I never heard of him before his game last week against Lincoln and he did very well, again, versus a premier league side this time.

I was also really impressed with Curtis Jones. He will have some coaching to do regarding him holding on the ball too long and slowing down too much sometimes but I really like his skills on the ball and his ability to shot with both feet. He is oozing talent. I think he might be the next big thing at LFC.

I was also really impressed with Jota ability to shoot the ball and control it in tight area. He created so many chances all by himself.

Grujic was also very good not unlike Jones. He is very good and I would not mind if he stayed longer with LFC. He has some great potential and if I was another EPL team I would truly target him.

Minamino, he is very active and he is certainly a bargain for his talent. He might miss a killing instinct but I really like his energy. Good squad player.

Now the disappointments.

Origi, I mean he always has been streaky but now it is unbearable. He is so big, so fast and talented but he plays with no drive. He is so frustrating to watch. He brings nothing at all and although he has scored many great goals for us in the past, I believe it is time to move on.
Harry Wilson, I feel bad for him because I know he is very talented and he had so little chances to prove himself with our club but he clearly is not the player we need and it would be a good time for him to get his career going somewhere else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Live in the Now

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I finally was able to watch the game. I really liked how some Liverpool player played. This Arsenal side was really strong and they fared very well.

I really was impressed by Rhys Williams. It is funny because I never heard of him before his game last week against Lincoln and he did very well, again, versus a premier league side this time.

I was also really impressed with Curtis Jones. He will have some coaching to do regarding him holding on the ball too long and slowing down too much sometimes but I really like his skills on the ball and his ability to shot with both feet. He is oozing talent. I think he might be the next big thing at LFC.

I was also really impressed with Jota ability to shoot the ball and control it in tight area. He created so many chances all by himself.

Grujic was also very good not unlike Jones. He is very good and I would not mind if he stayed longer with LFC. He has some great potential and if I was another EPL team I would truly target him.

Minamino, he is very active and he is certainly a bargain for his talent. He might miss a killing instinct but I really like his energy. Good squad player.

Now the disappointments.

Origi, I mean he always has been streaky but now it is unbearable. He is so big, so fast and talented but he plays with no drive. He is so frustrating to watch. He brings nothing at all and although he has scored many great goals for us in the past, I believe it is time to move on.
Harry Wilson, I feel bad for him because I know he is very talented and he had so little chances to prove himself with our club but he clearly is not the player we need and it would be a good time for him to get his career going somewhere else.
I had no problem with Wilson, don’t think he did much wrong besides telegraphing his PK so bad that Stevie Wonder could see where it was going. . I agree Origi was our worst player though. Don’t think he is much of a fit anymore, but don’t think he is going to cause problems warming the bench. Would have rather sold him and kept Brewster but the offers were probably just not there. Honestly I’d much rather have had a great performance from a bunch of the young players and go out there than look bad, burn out starters and have to play on Christmas Eve

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Watching Runnarsson play, you have to wonder.... Why the hell did Arteta want this guy? He wasn't good enough for L1 and is out of his depth. Is Arteta the guy you want Arsenal to trust when it comes to transfers?
He already botched a potential good deal in Guendouzi.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Watching Runnarsson play, you have to wonder.... Why the hell did Arteta want this guy? He wasn't good enough for L1 and is out of his depth. Is Arteta the guy you want Arsenal to trust when it comes to transfers?
He already botched a potential good deal in Guendouzi.

He was recommended by the gk coach. Supposed to be good with his feet but he's not showing it that's for sure.

And Martinelli is such a breathe of fresh air.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He was recommended by the gk coach. Supposed to be good with his feet but he's not showing it that's for sure.

And Martinelli is such a breathe of fresh air.
No idea why. Guy didn't play in France, and the few moments he showed, he was hardly impressive.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
No idea why. Guy didn't play in France, and the few moments he showed, he was hardly impressive.

They needed a cheap back up. I think everyone had the same scouting report as you when they signed him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad