Post-Game Talk: CAR WASH - 3/18 - 7pm

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Third star for Sammy with a .850 save percentage lol…
Raanta should have been the 3rd star, Jarvis 2nd star and OV the 1st star! 2 goals is nice, but tying the game in the 3rd with a PP goal and then getting the only shootout goal for winner, is 1st star to me.

Drakon

Mar 31, 2014
Eh this was one of those games where their 3 goals were legit. That’s the problem with save % as a stat in any one game. Whether an opponent has 10 grade A chances out of 20 shots or 10 grade A chances out of 40 shots, I would expect the same number of goals scored. The lack of those extra 20 easy saves isn’t thr goalie’s fault.
I dunno dude, the second and third ones were pretty suspect.

Drakon

Mar 31, 2014
Anyone have a replay of the two ugly hits? The one where Smith smashed Hathaway's head into the boards and the other one?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Wow. What a game and unreal effort. Missing Oshie, Dowd, Eller, and TVR. And legitimately outplayed one of the best teams in the league during regulation and (most surprisingly) OT, on the road.

CMM again driving play with an xG% of 70%+ and a nice helper. Will be really interesting to see what they do before Monday because even Sprong has looked pretty good the past few games. Get a legit top 6 forward or top 4 Dman, or stand pat.

at some point they should stick CMM between two top wingers and see what happens….he looks way better at C offensively.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Tonight is why I’m fine paying for another middle six forward or middle pairing dman. Injuries! All season we haven’t really had to worry about lineup decisions and who sits when someone is always hurt. I’d just expect it at this point

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Eh this was one of those games where their 3 goals were legit. That’s the problem with save % as a stat in any one game. Whether an opponent has 10 grade A chances out of 20 shots or 10 grade A chances out of 40 shots, I would expect the same number of goals scored. The lack of those extra 20 easy saves isn’t thr goalie’s fault.
I disagree…he needs to stop one of those.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Canes fans are saying trash franchise. LOL thanks for the laugh
I’m not going to get into it but they’re literal definition of a poverty franchise. Their old owner got sued by his sons for liquidating their trust funds to pay for Hurricanes hockey ops because his investments were shit.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
We are much improved in OT and shootout the last few go’s. REally like the way we are moving it 3x3. I prefer we didn’t have it but reality is there are a lot of points to be had in OT/SO so need to be good at it.

Reactions: RedRocking

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Samsonov played well for sure. You have to ignore the save percentages. You like to get a stop on the first one… but the 2nd and 3rd are beating all goalies most of the time. He made some key saves at big times

Reactions: Capitals40

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Samsonov played well for sure. You have to ignore the save percentages. You like to get a stop on the first one… but the 2nd and 3rd are beating all goalies most of the time. He made some key saves at big times
I strongly disagree. Samsonov has the goalie skill in him to stop all 3 of those. Stopping those shots is all about the goalie making the right reads. Sammy's hockey IQ needs to be improved so he can make those big key stops to keep the lead for the team. If there one goalie aspect that VV has over Sammy, it's maturity level.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I refuse to go through the video, but I wonder how many of Samsonov's goals against this season where he is falling forward are due to the exact same issue of going paddle down and putting his weight on his blocker pad while moving laterally. Seems like at least a few that I can remember.

Jun 15, 2007
How do you not fire whoever the goalie coach is here? If it was only Samsonov I'd say maybe he's uncoachable but it seems like we've had goalie struggles for years now.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad