Post-Game Talk: CAR WASH - 3/18 - 7pm

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
We’re working through things? What kinda vague statement is that? Surely doesn’t make us feel any better!

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
🎵 work
and work 🎶
7gY1c1.gif

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
I'm not. No regrets on the contract. We won a Cup partially because of his play. This season has been bad luck for Oshie.
Getting paid due to playing well in the playoffs in 2018 doesnt mean it will be a good contract going forward. Love the guy but if he's not on the ice half the time then what good does that do?

Reactions: Drakon

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Getting paid due to playing well in the playoffs in 2018 doesnt mean it will be a good contract going forward. Love the guy but if he's not on the ice half the time then what good does that do?
He’s been pretty durable as a Capital after having the reputation of being somewhat injury prone on the Blues. His level of play has still been good this year and pretty much every year since he was acquired. If this is the norm going forward, then yeah it’s going to be an issue. His market value is still above his current cap hit for what he brings to the team though, so the contract isn’t an issue at this point.

Reactions: RedRocking

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
With the deadline being Monday this very well could be the last game we see Samsonov take the ice in a Caps jersey.
I'm hoping so because I'm tired of his wavering goalie charades. Top prospect goalies don't have such wonky development like he has had. Sammy fits in the category of very talented, but low hockey IQ. I think he needs to get away from the Russian thing with OV, Kuzy and Orlov. He's had too much comfort around those guys and I think it has distracted his development mentally. A new goalie coach and team might do him some good, humbling him. Going to another team will force him to work harder.

Reactions: g00n

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
BMac will just do something like he did with Brooks Orpik contract, when the time comes with Oshie's contract in the 2 remaining years of it.

Reactions: troyerlaw

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
He’s been pretty durable as a Capital after having the reputation of being somewhat injury prone on the Blues. His level of play has still been good this year and pretty much every year since he was acquired. If this is the norm going forward, then yeah it’s going to be an issue. His market value is still above his current cap hit for what he brings to the team though, so the contract isn’t an issue at this point.
I agree with this. Just seems like he's getting some wear and tear on him and he isn't getting younger. All I meant from my post.

Reactions: caps4cup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad