Post-Game Talk: CAR WASH - 3/18 - 7pm

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
I refuse to go through the video, but I wonder how many of Samsonov's goals against this season where he is falling forward are due to the exact same issue of going paddle down and putting his weight on his blocker pad while moving laterally. Seems like at least a few that I can remember.
It would be great if he had a goalie coach or something....cough, cough...not Murray.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010

Not that we didn't know it when it went in, but an actual pro weighing in on Samsonov's questionable technique on Carolina's 3rd goal last night.

I'm the last person to critique goalie techniques, but what I noticed from the left-side lower-level view is that the puck went in after deflecting off Sammy's stick. I get the effects of him putting his weight on his blocker hand, limiting his ability to rotate. Despite this, in turning toward the shooter, Sammy does get the wide part of his stick's shaft in front of the shot, he just doesn't have the strength to keep it out of the net by significantly changing its trajectory. idk if that's even possible given the proximity of the shot.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
It would be great if he had a goalie coach or something....cough, cough...not Murray.

And yet VV, the lesser ranked prospect between the two, is now up to 9th overall in the NHL in GAA and 10th overall in Sv%, ahead of goalies like Vasi, Bobrovski, and Campbell to name a few.

So at least one of the goalies is improving over time... maybe its not 100% Scott Murray here, maybe Sammy has some "coachability" issues?

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012

Not that we didn't know it when it went in, but an actual pro weighing in on Samsonov's questionable technique on Carolina's 3rd goal last night.

I wonder if we can get a pro to weigh in on how there are three Capitals players watching Carolina score a goal from 6 feet out without doing jack shit about it.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Ovie was the difference in this game. Huge late 3rd period goal and shootout winner.

The crowd in Raleigh was chanting "Ovie...Ovie...Ovie." Funny how that happens at away games for him. Dude is a legend.

Canes fans on hf didn't like it though. Ovie has not been kind to them over the years.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad