GDT: CAR@NYR; There's a game, but Zykov isn't playing. Time for Rage.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
If I'm Peter's I'm playing Darling the rest of the way. Drive the point home that he's absolutely awful and force him to be cut this summer. Force the issue that goaltending absolutely must be fixed. If he gets canned, at least he can go into future interviews saying he did what was best for the future of the franchise.

This team isn't making the playoffs. Now is the time to.figure out what we got for 2019.
Give Cam at least one home game. It could be his last, after all...

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Guys, I'm really starting to not love this whole Scott Darling situation. I know it's a 4 year deal but I say if he doesn't improve in the next 2 and a half years then then we should look at trading him at the 2021 deadline to try to get back some assets. Just my two cents though

Did you forget the :sarcasm: ?

If you are indeed serious I'm not sure how to tell you this, he's gone by the start of next season assuming the GM Dundon hires isn't a complete goofball.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Give Cam at least one home game. It could be his last, after all...
Keep Cam for next year but bring in someone to be a legitimate #1. Target a starter for a team ready to pack it in for a tank and swing the deal. Make this the top priority for next year.

Even mediocre tending would have us very comfortable in the playoffs this year. We just need a GM who knows how to identify a goalie who doesn't suck, and Francis wasn't good at that.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Keep Cam for next year but bring in someone to be a legitimate #1. Target a starter for a team ready to pack it in for a tank and swing the deal. Make this the top priority for next year.

Even mediocre tending would have us very comfortable in the playoffs this year. We just need a GM who knows how to identify a goalie who doesn't suck, and Francis wasn't good at that.
I just don't see us re-signing Cam, buying out Darling, AND adding a legit #1 unfortunately. Too much money unless Cam will sign for under 2 million

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
Guys, I'm really starting to not love this whole Scott Darling situation. I know it's a 4 year deal but I say if he doesn't improve in the next 2 and a half years then then we should look at trading him at the 2021 deadline to try to get back some assets. Just my two cents though

Best troll of the year.

Reactions: Tryamw

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
It's more than just the goalie, though. Where's the urgency? Where's the intensity? Where's the physicality? IMO, Peters and Francis shared a brain. They are both "even keel" guys. "Never too high, never too low." I just don't think it's what we need (or what Dundon wants).

That's the nature of pro coaching though. You look around all leagues, they're mostly even keeled, down to earth guys. Guys like torts and lavi and pat riley and generic 80s stache baseball manager are moreso exceptions, and it's not a coincidence they're known for losing rooms.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
I watched this on my phone while the kids used the tv to watch a Mighty Ducks movie.

It occurs to me, this may be a cycle of abuse.

My daughter is having some difficulty with the bathroom, and I turned it off for a few for her to watch a cartoon.

She’s usually all “Go hockey”, she wasn’t feeling it tonight.

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
Tripp i know ypu read this board, literally the only way to salvage the season is to engage in a Twitter war with our soon to be ex goalies sister.

DEFEND OUR HONOR TRIPP
Nah Tripp's gotta show up to her house like this
hqdefault.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad