Trade: [CAR/NYJ] Sam Darnold for 2021 6th round pick and 2022 2nd and 4th round picks

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Hes only a year and a half older than Fields. Everyone plays better once Gase is no longer there coach

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Darnold blows, typical Panthers trade.

His former coach Adam Gase blows.

Darnold has potential and is still only 23. He just got stuck with an awful coach.

Are jets locked on BYU Wilson?

Sounds like it. At 3 I'm curious if the rumors are true and Shanahan goes with Jones, leaving Fields to... Atlanta maybe? Ryan is locked in for at least this season and possibly next (don't recall his dead cap figure off hand).

Last edited:

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Darnold has been f***ing god awful in the NFL, but to be fair he is still younger than Burrow and was saddled with Gase and no weapons.

Will be interesting to see if Rhule and Joe Brady can make something out of him.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Offensive line needs work but he's getting two 1,000 yard receivers, CMC, and good coordinator in Joe Brady. If he can't succeed with that he was never going to.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Offensive line needs work but he's getting two 1,000 yard receivers, CMC, and good coordinator in Joe Brady. If he can't succeed with that he was never going to.
I would expect Carolina to take Slater at #8. It would be absolutely insane if Sewell fell to #8. Pitts/Chase/Bama WR are very talented, but they won't be catching a pass if the QB is trying to get away from a DL.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
I would expect Carolina to take Slater at #8. It would be absolutely insane if Sewell fell to #8. Pitts/Chase/Bama WR are very talented, but they won't be catching a pass if the QB is trying to get away from a DL.

I think they'll take one of Horn or Surtain if Sewell doesn't fall to them. I would imagine it will be an OT or CB but we'll see.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think they'll take one of Horn or Surtain if Sewell doesn't fall to them. I would imagine it will be an OT or CB but we'll see.
If Sewell is off the board, I thiink they would take Slater. Think one of Cin/Mia takes a receiving option, while Det would go either Defence of OL. If both Sewell and Slater are off the board, then it would mean that one of Pitts/Chase is on the board, assuming ATL either takes a QB or trades out to a team wanting a QB.

solventless710

Jan 5, 2005
Would not be shocked at all if Darnold has solid success in Carolina. The Jets and Gase f***ed him up pretty badly. Tannehill went from being dog shit under Gase to getting a $100m contract so yeah.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Would not be shocked at all if Darnold has solid success in Carolina. The Jets and Gase f***ed him up pretty badly. Tannehill went from being dog shit under Gase to getting a $100m contract so yeah.

Carolina has better protection, better weapons and about to get more weapons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad