Proposal: CAR - NSH

ScoopsAHO

Nov 29, 2016
Canada
First of all, Nashville has found success recently and is still pushing for a very reachable playoff spot, I am aware that the fans are certainly not throwing the towel yet and ready to go seller.

Carolina receives: Filip Forsberg

Nashville receives: forward prospect Jack Drury + 1st round pick 2021 + 1st round pick 2022 + conditional pick: you also get 2nd round pick 2021 if Carolina makes the SC final.

Carolina's first line: Forsberg-Aho-Necas

Nashville: 2 guaranteed picks to rebuild and a decent prospect.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
First of all, Nashville has found success recently and is still pushing for a very reachable playoff spot, I am aware that the fans are certainly not throwing the towel yet and ready to go seller.

Nashville receives: forward prospect Jack Drury + 1st round pick 2021 + 1st round pick 2022 + conditional pick: you also get 2nd round pick 2021 if Carolina makes the SC final.

NO thanks.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

TK

Feb 26, 2019
Nah. Need at least one really good asset, two late firsts and a decent prospect doesn't move the needle much. They could just move him next deadline if they had to and very easily pick up a 1st+ other decent assets.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Adding a $6M dollar player for next year pretty much kills any chance CAR has at retaining Hamilton. Not that I wouldn’t like to see Forsberg in Carolina, I just don’t see something like that happening. I could see them go after a player like a Rakell whose cap hit is less than $4M next year, but even then, it makes it tough to keep Hamilton. (I dont see them re-signing Hamilton, but I think they’re gonna try their hardest to anyway)

Also, I don’t see the Canes paying the price it would take to get Forsberg. Two 1sts + a 2nd + decent prospect is more than I’d be willing to pay.

Reactions: DaveG and Tryamw

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Nah. Need at least one really good asset, two late firsts and a decent prospect doesn't move the needle much. They could just move him next deadline if they had to and very easily pick up a 1st+ other decent assets.

Jack Drury is the best piece in the offer. He has had an outstanding season filling all roles for the second best team in the SHL (Vaxjo). Last year he had 39 points in 28 NCAA games. He is one of the better Center prospects not currently playing in the NHL/AHL.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I don't like that deal or moving Forsberg at all to be honest. IF there's a deal to be made it has to involve Jarvis in my mind.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA

GMs are not always truthful with the public, but that's strongly worded. I feel confident in saying that Carolina wouldn't overpay to make what looks like a dead concept live. The team can't afford him long-term. He'd be a literal rental+1.

Reactions: DaveG and Tryamw

TK

Feb 26, 2019
Jack Drury is the best piece in the offer. He has had an outstanding season filling all roles for the second best team in the SHL (Vaxjo). Last year he had 39 points in 28 NCAA games. He is one of the better Center prospects not currently playing in the NHL/AHL.

Debatable. I obviously don't watch Harvard play, but looking at the stats it seems like he's 1/3 of a very good top line, but maybe not. I've certainly seen players put up good numbers in that scenario and then amount to nothing.

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007

Now add a top 2 prospect, and consideration may be given (based on the quality of prospect).

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'd say Poile would say no based on his thoughts about this year's draft and his ask for Ekholm.

He doesn't see the value the same in picks in this year's draft due to a lack of scouting.

His ask has apparently been a 1st + elite prospect + 3rd piece. So if the prospect you are offering isn't elite you can't get Ekholm, let alone move the needle on Forsberg.

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007
Which is why it’s a non-starter....

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I think two things can be true:

- Drury is kinda an underrated prospect who on a more talked about club and maybe not being in the SHL this year would be getting more pub...I also feel Canes fans kinda hedging on his signability?
- He's not good enough to be the centerpiece of an FF9 deal. Full stop.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I don't like that deal or moving Forsberg at all to be honest. IF there's a deal to be made it has to involve Jarvis in my mind.

No. You CANNOT trade Martin Erat on the last year of his deal into 7 very productive seasons of Filip Forsberg on a great contract and then trade 1.5 years of him for 8 team controlled years of Seth Jarvis. That is simply not allowed. You already hit a grand slam on the first trade... you don’t get to do it all over again!

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Forget about Forsberg, but you guys should be thinking more seriously about Granlund. While his points are underwhelming, I think we'd all agree he has been our 2nd-best forward this year overall. If you are shopping for a top-6 forward like Forsberg, well, Granlund for a far far lower price is where the real fit would be.

TK

Feb 26, 2019
No. You CANNOT trade Martin Erat on the last year of his deal into 7 very productive seasons of Filip Forsberg on a great contract and then trade 1.5 years of him for 8 team controlled years of Seth Jarvis. That is simply not allowed. You already hit a grand slam on the first trade... you don’t get to do it all over again!

Pretty sure Erat had 2 full years left on his contract when he was traded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad