Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] Jake Gardiner to the Carolina Hurricanes (4 years, $4.05M AAV)

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Svech started at the bottom and Rod made him earn every minute of ice time. He answered every single challenge and looks poised to be an impact player this season.

Hamilton started slow due to what we later learned was a hand injury. He was a monster player in the second half.

We can argue the meaning of “star,” but I think we can agree that these player’s sweaters are well represented in the stands on game night.

Svechnikov and Hamilton aren’t stars. There’s no argument on the word to be made when it comes to these two right now.

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
Provided there are no long-term issues to his back, Carolina got a great deal.
I would easily take him back on the Leafs for that contract. Plus, not only did they sign Gardiner cheap, they can now trade Faulk. So you're getting Gardiner plus whatever assets they get back for Faulk.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Wow that’s a really nice deal for the Canes. I know there’s some injury concern but you can’t argue with that contract and cap hit. Well I’m sure some are lol

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
What makes either of those guys stars? I don’t get what’s so insulting. Svechnikov could be one day, but he’s definitely not there as of today. And Hamilton is what he is at this point. And that’s definitely not a star.
ok

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Decent pickup for Carolina. The Metro's a crap shoot this year. A guy like Gardiner could be a difference maker for Carolina.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
You have a point, Hamilton and Svechnikov aren't stars. Slavin and Pesce are the main pieces of the D corps. Svech does have the makings of a star of some radiance but he's not there yet. Fair enough plenty.

I’m not why some posters got upset at what I said. I didn’t say they weren’t good players, just that they weren’t at star status. I even said Svechnikov very well could get there but not as of today.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
I’m not why some posters got upset at what I said. I didn’t say they weren’t good players, just that they weren’t at star status. I even said Svechnikov very well could get there but not as of today.
Fully agreed. It seems people are knee-jerky nowadays. I don't really blame them, the media and comms landscape isn't what it was a couple funny decades ago. Marshall McLuhan if still alive would be screaming he was right.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Its almost like how Canucks fans were freaking out that we didn't get him and got Myers instead but who said Gardiner even wanted to come to another fish bowl Canadian market. Down in Carolina he can just play, cash paychecks and not deal with the media stress that Canada has.
This should ease the stress Don Cherry has exhibited about Canada. I doubt he has even heard of Carolina

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad