Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] Hurricanes sign Priskie to ELC (2 years, $925k AAV, 2-way)

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Does CAR really need another highly-regarded Dman?

In 20-21, they will. They won’t be re-signing both TVR and Faulk. We’ll see if one of them now get traded.

Also Priskie, if he’s lives up to his billing, might make them not feel like they have to re-up Hamilton in 2yrs when his deal is up.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
In 20-21, they will. They won’t be re-signing both TVR and Faulk. We’ll see if one of them now get traded.

Also Priskie, if he’s lives up to his billing, might make them not feel like they have to re-up Hamilton in 2yrs when his deal is up.
On no planet will a 21 year old college FA make Dougie Hamilton expendable in a couple years. At best you are looking at a Danny Dekeyser, but I would expect even less than that based off of how these free wallet college players usually turn out. Worth the gamble, obviously.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden

Low Risk, High Reward type move. I’d suspect the group moving forward would be Slavin, Pesce, Bean, Hamilton, and maybe one of the two aforementioned players, right? They have Honka in the pipeline too.

can you have too many?
Please correct me if I am wrong, but isn’t the lack of NHL spots (or lack of a guarantee) the reason Fox left?

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Low Risk, High Reward type move. I’d suspect the group moving forward would be Slavin, Pesce, Bean, Hamilton, and maybe one of the two aforementioned players, right? They have Honka in the pipeline too.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but isn’t the lack of NHL spots (or lack of a guarantee) the reason Fox left?
Im sure its part of it.... also he wanted to be a Ranger apparently.

But I mean its not as if Slavin, Hamilton, Pesce are going to be there forever. Rosters change all the time.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Meh. Nothing special IMO. Might be a decent 2nd pair dman but I guess for the cost of FREE that's pretty good.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I’ll preface this with saying I’m a little bitter he left the Caps organization but I just don’t fully understand the move. He pretty much had the exact same situation with Washington, who more likely than not walks away from Gudas next offseason for monetary reasons.
Maybe he sees a veteran roster in Washington and would rather play on a younger and more up and coming roster? Just speculating. Caps are still the better team right now though imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad