PTO: [CAR] F Zach Aston-Reese signs PTO with the Hurricanes (released)

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
The roster was full with one-way contracts + Jarvis and Drury before the spate of PTOs. Some variation of the expected 23 man roster:

Bunting - Aho - Jarvis
Svechnikov - Kotkaniemi - Necas
Teravainen - Staal - Fast
Martinook - Drury - Noesen
Lemieux

Slavin - Burns
Skjei - Pesce
Orlov - DeAngelo
Chatfield, Jones

Andersen
Raanta

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
really? i think it would actually be a good fit for his playstyle
Aho, Svechnikov, Necas, Teravainen, Jarvis, Kotkaniemi, Bunting, Fast, Martinook, Staal, Noesen, Drury, Lemieux are all already signed to NHL deals. I do think he has the best chance of all the PTOs to make the team. He'll be battling with Drury, Lemieux and the prospects for one of the last 2 forward spots.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
That’s a lot of PTOs for an already pretty stacked Canes team. You’d think some of these PTOs would try their luck elsewhere.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Kinda weird that last year we came in with 2 PTOs Derek Stepan and Calvin de Haan. Signed 'em both and they both played a lot of games on the 4th line and bottom pair. CDH almost all year until we traded for Ghost.

This year, we have 7 PTOs and I doubt we'll sign a single one.

Reactions: Tryamw and cptjeff

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Kinda weird that last year we came in with 2 PTOs Derek Stepan and Calvin de Haan. Signed 'em both and they both played a lot of games on the 4th line and bottom pair. CDH almost all year until we traded for Ghost.

We did that so we could sign them both after putting Patches on LTIR, maximize the LTIR that way. Not coming in with the same scenario this time.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

ZAR I actually can see us signing, but he's honestly the only one from the group. With Rees rehabbing off-season surgery he makes sense as the next man up to play that "pain in the ass" type play style if needed.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
He was OK on the Leafs, definitely a cut above Aube-Kubel who had an identical role with the squad. Doesn't really move the needle much for a contending team though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad