:canes Receive:

Mattias Janmark
Julius Honka
Joel L'Esperance
2020 4th Round Pick

:stars Receive:

Justin Faulk

---

We've discussed this a bit on the Stars' board, what with Faulk being shopped and Honka requesting a trade. My initial thoughts are too much quantity and not enough quality for Faulk, but I have little idea of what Carolina is expecting in return.

Carolina adds a quality bottom 6 forward with a ton of speed, a reclamation project in Honka (if anyone can get something out of him, it's Carolina - plus they'll have both brothers), a pretty decent AHL prospect in L'Esperance, and a pick.

Dallas adds a legitimate top 4 defender to play with Heiskanen or Lindell. With that plus Pavelski, our top 6 forwards and top 4 defenders are up there with any team in the league. Helps us secure a spot in the vicious Central.

Thoughts? Too slanted toward Dallas?

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
L'esperance was leading the AHL in goals (as a rookie) before being called up to the nhl last year. He probably has the highest potential of any piece on the Dallas side. Still won't be enough to get faulk. Maybe change the 4th to a late 1st/early 2nd and drop honka.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I do not think Carolina is going to get much for Faulk but still Janmark has little value and Honka close to none.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

dallas stars 1999

Apr 18, 2007
No for Dallas. Why would we do this? Yes, we agree Faulk is a great defenceman, but contract is coming to an end. Besides we have Johns coming back. If we want him, we'll sign him as ufa when is contract is up. As for Honka a 4th round pick sounds about right.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
No for Dallas. Why would we do this? Yes, we agree Faulk is a great defenceman, but contract is coming to an end. Besides we have Johns coming back. If we want him, we'll sign him as ufa when is contract is up. As for Honka a 4th round pick sounds about right.
Why would Dallas do this? Because they gain a RH top 4 d-man for a season and have the inside track to re-signing him while giving up basically nothing of worth. Unfortunately for you, our GM isn't that clueless.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Just out of curiosity anybody reported on how Fauls NTC looks like ? What teams can he be traded to and which not ? He probably will block any trade he can without an extension that includes an NMC since he more than likely doesn't want to be picked by Seattle . Just interested if the Stars would be on the list of teams he can't block .

I'd be interest in Faulk as a rental but not neccesarily long term if the extetion he desires is well underisable for the team. If he can block a trade as a rental i would not be interested

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Just out of curiosity anybody reported on how Fauls NTC looks like ? What teams can he be traded to and which not ? He probably will block any trade he can without an extension that includes an NMC since he more than likely doesn't want to be picked by Seattle . Just interested if the Stars would be on the list of teams he can't block .

I'd be interest in Faulk as a rental but not neccesarily long term if the extetion he desires is well underisable for the team. If he can block a trade as a rental i would not be interested
I *think* as the general rule trade clause lists are not made public. It would be bad for the league if it was confirmed that certain teams are on everyone's list as people suspect.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Pretty bad proposal, bunch of depth garbage that CAR doesn't want for a player we wouldn't offer an extension to.

Neither team would do this.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Johns isn't coming back. His headaches are the only thing that has come back

dallas stars 1999

Apr 18, 2007
Johns isn't coming back. His headaches are the only thing that has come back
If Johns doesn't come back. He will go on long term, and they will make a trade that makes sense. We don't want to over pay for a defenceman who will be a ufa. Better to wait till July 1.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Pretty bad proposal, bunch of depth garbage that CAR doesn't want for a player we wouldn't offer an extension to.

Neither team would do this.

Uhhh Dallas would be silly not to do the proposal. Whether Faulk is a fit for your roster or future or whatever he’s a quality player and you’d be getting him for nothing

Reactions: Cardiac Jerks

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
So as I thought, this is definitely way too little going to Carolina.

What's a realistic offer from Dallas for Faulk, then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad