Confirmed with Link: Car-Calgary Nemisz for Westgarth

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick
JR added those picks to get rid of A Stew and his bad contract. The idea was to get rid of that contract and add some toughness and enforcement. Unfortunately, Westgarth can't play hockey and very rarely fights. At least that was his story with the Canes. Maybe he finds some suitors in the Western conference.

That makes more sense now thanks.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Could also be a move for when we start to ship off Cammy, Stajan, and Stempniak. Flames don't have an RW prospects outside of Hanowski. Doesn't hurt to shore up on the wing and have a guy who can protect his rookie linemates. Even if its not, it gives us that flexibility at least. And yeah, Carolina gave him away for a lot less than what they gave up for him so sucks for them.

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick
Well we are getting bigger so that's good. I'll take a wait and see on this one. Who knows maybe a change of scenery will be good.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
It's either an AHL trade, or something bigger if we trade for someone like Kadri.

The kids are going to need some protection from Grats and Westgarth.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
True perhaps, but at least he is an NHL player.

I doubt he's any better at actual hockey than Nemisz is. He's probably appreciably worse.

Enforcers are "actual NHLers" because they punch people really hard, and coaches like that sort of thing. It has nothing to do with most of them being anything more than a liability when the puck is in play.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I wish we would of targeted a guy like Bollig or Clifford. Sure that would of cost more than Nemisz, but where the heck is this guy even gonna play?

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
So based on your attitude in this thread, I gather that you think there's an iota of a chance that Nemisz could benefit from a change in scenery and become an NHL player?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not getting greedy, I would've given Westgarth to you for four dollars and 32 cents. Just trying to get a feel for our new commodity.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
So based on your attitude in this thread, I gather that you think there's an iota of a chance that Nemisz could benefit from a change in scenery and become an NHL player?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not getting greedy, I would've given Westgarth to you for four dollars and 32 cents. Just trying to get a feel for our new commodity.

Nemisz could totally do with a change of scenary. But the guy we got back...

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Nemisz could totally do with a change of scenary. But the guy we got back...

The guy you got back is barely a warm body.

Honestly, truly sorry that he's your problem now.

Well, maybe that's not true. Perhaps your coaching staff won't INSIST on putting him in the lineup once every couple games for no reason.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Terrible trade, Feaster.

I just thought this thread wouldn't be complete without someone slagging Feaster.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

Yeah I think so, his skating has been slowly improving and his physical game has elevated. My guess is Burke was not planning on extending him due to our depth on our farm, so he used him to shore up our toughness. I'm happy for Nemo but I hate this trade, why bother moving Jackman, Burke? We should of got a 5/6th round pick for him.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
He wasn't good enough to get a shot on one of the worst teams in the league, that should say it all. He'd make Dalpe look like a star. He's just not very good at anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad