Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
2381717-8353896410-14142.jpg

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Westgarth is the single handed worst NHL player in the league. At least he was with the Kings and he had the stats (and advanced stats) to prove it. Can't skate, can't hit, loses his fights, terrible terrible hockey player. My condolences. Honestly.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Westgarth is the single handed worst NHL player in the league. At least he was with the Kings and he had the stats (and advanced stats) to prove it. Can't skate, can't hit, loses his fights, terrible terrible hockey player. My condolences. Honestly.

True perhaps, but at least he is an NHL player.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
True perhaps, but at least he is an NHL player.

We already have a lot of NHL players...

Glencross - Stajan - Stempniak
Hudler - Backlund - Cammalleri
Galiardi - Monahan - Jones
Bouma- Colborne - McGrattan

And then Byron. Maybe B. Jones. Got to off load some players, unless this a move for the Heat? And they already have MacDermid.

Ashera

Bärtschi Fan~!!
Nov 16, 2013
Airdrie
Honestly this is a 'meh' trade.. but good for Nemo getting a chance in another organization. We wish you well Nemo.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Nemisz didn't really have a place in this organization anymore. Clearly he was at the bottom of a now long list of NHL-ready talent for the Flames.
Apparently Burke's loading up on some weapons here. Already have Big Ern and Lane in the organization as gooners... Feeling that this might be either
A) just giving Nemo a chance
B) a step into another larger move.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Honestly this is a 'meh' trade.. but good for Nemo getting a chance in another organization. We wish you well Nemo.

I think that was exactly the point of this deal, best of luck to Nemo! I hope he finds his game in the NHL soon. To bad we couldn't of got a draft pick though, even a 5th.

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick
I know nothing of him but they gave up more to get him than just got for him.

2013/01/13 Carolina Hurricanes traded Anthony Stewart, a 2013 fourth-round draft pick and a 2014 sixth-round draft pick to the Los Angeles Kings for Kevin Westgarth.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Westgarth is useless (from the bits of him I have seen) but Nemisz was never going to be given a chance here.

I'm happy for Nemsiz as he might get a better chance some where else.

AhoLottaLove

Jun 30, 2010
I know nothing of him but they gave up more to get him than just got for him.

2013/01/13 Carolina Hurricanes traded Anthony Stewart, a 2013 fourth-round draft pick and a 2014 sixth-round draft pick to the Los Angeles Kings for Kevin Westgarth.

JR added those picks to get rid of A Stew and his bad contract. The idea was to get rid of that contract and add some toughness and enforcement. Unfortunately, Westgarth can't play hockey and very rarely fights. At least that was his story with the Canes. Maybe he finds some suitors in the Western conference.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Awful.

Glad Nemsiz gets another chance somewhere else but Westgarth is wholly useless, especially with McGrattan already here. I hope they're not planning on replacing McGrattan with Westgarth as that would be a massive step backwards.

Maybe this is just Burke adding more toughness for the Heat.

Last edited:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Anyone else feel we're about to get younger?

I think Burkie's loading up on another goon because we're about to take a big step back in veterans. Think we'll need to extra protection around these parts because 65-70% of the team is about to be under 25.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad