Confirmed with Link: Car-Calgary Nemisz for Westgarth

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
This doesn't make sense to me. Replacing Cammy and Stemps with absolutely anybody in our system - young or old - immediately makes us bigger because Cammy and Stemps are tiny!

They're smaller guys, but they both "play big", as the phrasing goes. The only thing is they don't punch people.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
All I could do was laugh when I heard the trade. Remember when we were doing the prospect polls and people were arguing for Nemisz?
Nemisz was traded for an NHL player, it doesn't validate anything from those arguments when the guys around Nemisz in that poll are unlikely to ever make the NHL.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Nemisz was traded for an NHL player, it doesn't validate anything from those arguments when the guys around Nemisz in that poll are unlikely to ever make the NHL.

FYI, just because a guy plays in the NHL doesn't mean he's worth being called an NHL player.

I would have preferred a friggin 7th round pick over Westgarth.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
FYI, just because a guy plays in the NHL doesn't mean he's worth being called an NHL player.

I would have preferred a friggin 7th round pick over Westgarth.
I'd say a guy that has played the last 4 years in the league without being demoted has earned being called an NHL player.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I'd say a guy that has played the last 4 years in the league without being demoted has earned being called an NHL player.

Oh C'mon Abby, he's clearly a goon. Someone who gets 4 mins a night, mostly spent hitting and trying to fight is a fringe NHLer anyway you look at it.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
From the Flames site it says he was projected to replace TJ Galiardi, but his flight was delayed. Truculence.

As mediocre as Galiardi has been, I'd much rather have him in the lineup than Westgarth. But this should make it pretty clear that Galiardi isn't in the teams plans moving forward; maybe the Flames can get a 3rd back at the deadline for him.

On the plus side, at least it means they weren't thinking of taking someone like Byron or Bouma out of the lineup.

“I welcome him like anybody else,†McGrattan said. “He’s a new teammate. He’s going to be a new friend. We’ll make him welcome here. I got his number last night and shot him a quick text and said ‘Welcome to Calgary’. Any new guy, any new teammate, you have to welcome him with open arms and he’ll be a great addition to the team and I’m looking forward to getting him here and having him.

“If you look at Toronto with Orr and McLaren, you don’t see too many things happen or them getting pushed around. It’s going to be hopefully a great 1-2 punch here.â€

McGrattan delivering the puns.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Oh C'mon Abby, he's clearly a goon. Someone who gets 4 mins a night, mostly spent hitting and trying to fight is a fringe NHLer anyway you look at it.
AN NHLer by definition is a player that plays in the NHL.

He is clearly the upper echelon of the player in his particular role, that is why he is in the NHL. Whether he plays 4 minutes or 20 minutes is irrelevant, he is still in that top tier for that particular role. That is what an NHLer is.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
The Galiardi experiment is over I assume? Didn't really come as expected, was kind of expecting a bit more physicality out of him.

Just a matter of time before we start selling off any assets really. Let's get'er rolling Burkie, support the tank!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The Galiardi experiment is over I assume? Didn't really come as expected, was kind of expecting a bit more physicality out of him.

Just a matter of time before we start selling off any assets really. Let's get'er rolling Burkie, support the tank!
Wasn't Galiardi cross checked in the back last game (or was it against Edmonton?) He didn't go to the dressing room but considering he was having back problems he could very well be re-injured.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Well, apparently that 'he can't fight' thing was more utter bs spewed out by fans looking to degrade a traded player.

Westgarth has been exactly as described by management. I'm more than happy with this trade so far.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Well, apparently that 'he can't fight' thing was more utter bs spewed out by fans looking to degrade a traded player.

Westgarth has been exactly as described by management. I'm more than happy with this trade so far.

Yeah so long as people's expectations of him are what they should be, so far he looks to be the part. He is strictly here to protect our kids and throw the body.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

It wasn't he can't fight. It was he doesn't fight. And that was all on Rutherford.

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
About what you would expect.

1 fight (which he won). 1 minor (for giving the goalie a shot after the whistle) Pretty much unnoticeable on the 5 on 5. No really good or really bad shifts. He seems to be a bit better of a skater than I thought he would be.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00